Professional Hunter Phil Smythe Mauled by Elephant?

I have just seen that Mark Buchanan has posted elsewhere that PH Phil Smythe of Zimbabwe was badly injured by an elephant while hunting with clients in the Save Conservancy. Don’t know much more than that, but I understand Buchanan Hunts has created or joined in an appeal for emergency medical funds.

If anyone has details?

Always tragic when the risks of dangerous game hunting comes to pass.

ADDED to @Hank2211 post by @AfricaHunting.com:

From post #20 below by @Wheels:

The DSC Frontline board has approved funds for Phil. There is also a donate option in the top right of their page.

Many of us are more familiar with and trust DSC more than we do a fund raising page we know nothing about.

I have used the following link and it is as easy as buying your wife a Christmas present. ;)

Phillip is a young man with a young family and without insurance. There is a possibility that this is a life altering event. The medical bills will be enormous. If you can help, any amount would be appreciated.

This video gives a brief description regarding the DSC Frontline and people that have been helped in the past.

Is there a way to donate to DSC and specifically designate the funds for Phil? From a quick scan, all I could see was a general donation page. Thanks.

Last edited:
All our prayers for the health of Phil and begging God to intervene the hands of all the doctors and nurses to do their best. God can perfom anything !!! My prayers also for his family.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 6.16.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 6.16.16 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 162
just sent an email to his business account, hope somebody picks it up in the next day or two. trying to find out if they have a gofundme or something similar set up.

I will let you guys know if I hear anything back.

This one through HopeWorks is the only one that I know of. I will check with my wife to see if his wife knows anything about this.

I am not a hunter, but I, personally, appreciate all the support you are giving to the Smythe family. My wife grew up with his wife, and my wife was actually their wedding photographer. My time with Phil running around Harrare was truly special, and I appreciate him and what he does. They truly are a special, sweet family.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 9.01.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 9.01.37 PM.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 9.01.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 9.01.38 PM.png
    373 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 9.01.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 9.01.40 PM.png
    342.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 9.01.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 9.01.41 PM.png
    397.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
We will send prayers. May you all stay in good spirits.

just sent an email to his business account, hope somebody picks it up in the next day or two. trying to find out if they have a gofundme or something similar set up.

I will let you guys know if I hear anything back.

The initial post has a connection to DSC Frontline for donations.

It is with great regret that I inform the members of this forum Phil Smythe has passed away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.