Possible 2024 European Vacation, Where to go?!

Spain, of course, I am sending you a PM

On more thing, might your children not make be able to ride the large coasters, but in Rust Germany is Europa Park. It's a cross between Disney and Six Flags. They have some outstanding Rollercoasters: Silver Star, Blue Fire and Wodan. They are also building a new Coaster this year too. There is also a WaterPark, but I have not been to it, so I cannot comment.

On more thing, might your children not make be able to ride the large coasters, but in Rust Germany is Europa Park. It's a cross between Disney and Six Flags. They have some outstanding Rollercoasters: Silver Star, Blue Fire and Wodan. They are also building a new Coaster this year too. There is also a WaterPark, but I have not been to it, so I cannot comment.
An amusement park wasn’t something I had even thought about. But we will have plenty of time to hit one should we be near one

Prague is one of my favourite cities in Europe.

If in / near Italy - Cinque Terre was amazing. I've also spent a few magical days at a couple of out of the way little spots in the Tuscan countryside in an old farm house and boutique old hotel - a nice contrast to some of the busier tourist spots.

Prague is one of my favourite cities in Europe.

If in / near Italy - Cinque Terre was amazing. I've also spent a few magical days at a couple of out of the way little spots in the Tuscan countryside in an old farm house and boutique old hotel - a nice contrast to some of the busier tourist spots.
We spent a night in Livorno, but never managed to do the hike!

We spent a night in Livorno, but never managed to do the hike!

I did one of the hike legs, can't recall which one, did one of the legs via ferry.

My pick would be France, great food and hunting plus it borders great destinations such as Italy, Spain, and Germany. Christmas in Strasbourg is a dream

Budapest is outstanding, as is Krakow.
If you can stop off in Iceland on the way over, do it. It is the most surprisingly wonderful country I have visited.

Spain is it worth to stay there a month only = 2 week east coast (beaches, cultural…) and nort+west coast (Pyrenean + Nationalpark “picos de Europa” + Atlantik coastline = scenic
A lot to hunt in Spain (3 typs of Ibex = nice hunt - smaller trophies affordable, roebucks, wild boar, Mufflon and I think the hunting for red stags starts also in August)

… another option would be a road-trip for example= Start/depart Munich - by car via Swiss - France - via Ferry to Kosika (on of the beautiful Islands in the Mediterranean Sea = beaches/mountains up to 2500m all in 1hours drive) - via Ferry to Italy - Toscana (culture) - Austria - back to Munich = easy doable in 1 Month
Hunting for example France (Roebucks/Mufflon - Austria Chamois/Roebucks/Red Stag (August)

Roundtrip Austria- Slovenia - Kroatia Hungary is also realy nice = Austria (Carinthia area = lot of lakes, Mountains, Ferlach = gunmakers/museum) Slowenia = Mountains and Adriatic coast, Croatia = stunning coastline and beautiful villages on the coast and well known Nationalpark = Plitvice lakes in the backcountry;
Hungary = great hunting culture + complete different country side (flatt, rolling hills …)

My pick would be France, great food and hunting plus it borders great destinations such as Italy, Spain, and Germany. Christmas in Strasbourg is a dream
France would be great, but I doubt it would be the most cost effective!

Roundtrip Austria- Slovenia - Kroatia Hungary is also realy nice = Austria (Carinthia area = lot of lakes, Mountains, Ferlach = gunmakers/museum) Slowenia = Mountains and Adriatic coast, Croatia = stunning coastline and beautiful villages on the coast and well known Nationalpark = Plitvice lakes in the backcountry;
Hungary = great hunting culture + complete different country side (flatt, rolling hills …)
The only problem with road trips is hauling around an 8 and 6 year old. Having a home base or two, and doing day trips is what we are thinking

I went to school in Madrid then left for Texas via coasta del sol , morocco, Malta, Venice, got on a train east through sloviena, croatia Serbia, to hungary , Prague
to Amsterdam to Texas
each location was worth a whole week or two to see ! Lol
Sounds great to me! Best part of any European tour is ending up in Texas;)

Pamplona in early July is a pretty good time. Check out the San Fermin festival. And it's an easy drive to Madrid, Bilbao, and southern France. Bordeaux and the nearby countryside and wineries are great but may be a bit boring for kids.

I don’t agree with France being expensive. Self catering in France is very cheap, local red wine, superb foods etc. Local village restaurants are reasonable and good. Even builder’s cafes are equivalent to our better restaurants.

If you are there in June, the French Game Fair is worth a visit:

I have been a few times and it is brilliant. Takes a couple of days to see everything.

The Game Fair is in The Sologne, which is a great place to stay, only about 2.5 hours from Paris but a great quiet area. Apart from the Loire Chateaux (well worth a visit) it isn’t really a tourist area but it is the hunting centre of France.

We used to have family holidays near Nice. We rented a cottage in a wood. Not many tourist things to do in the immediate area but lots of walks, bike rides to the bakery, vineyard tours etc.

We used to have family holidays near Nice. We rented a cottage in a wood. Not many tourist things to do in the immediate area but lots of walks, bike rides to the bakery, vineyard tours etc.
I’d move to Nice in a heart beat if an opportunity presented itself!

One-half of the trip would be devoted to a Mediterranean cruise. The other two weeks in Scandinavia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg