Politics

Two interesting reads. The first one is a letter to Joe Biden from Mike Wirth, CEO of Chevron. I retired a little over a year ago from Chevron, after a 39 year career.

The second article is a list proposed by the American Petroleum Institute (API) to restore U.S. energy leadership and help fulfill our great nation’s core promise.

And Biden had staff meet with oil and gas production CEO's but is meeting personally today with wind and solar corporate leads.

And Biden had staff meet with oil and gas production CEO's but is meeting personally today with wind and solar corporate leads.

Which, if you pull all the stops will never account for 15% of global energy. Then again I’m using old math, perhaps with new math they can solve all our problems.

1656019993612.png

Which, if you pull all the stops will never account for 15% of global energy. Then again I’m using old math, perhaps with new math they can solve all our problems.

You are correct. One of the markets my company sells industrial equipment into is the renewable energy market. We have been intimately involved in helping to develop grain and cellulosic ethanol production process'. After 30 years of significant research and massive amounts of private & public funding, the US cellulosic energy market produced ~2.1 million gallons total all last year. In contrast the US consumes ~840 million gallons/day of oil.

Oh, and by the way, a gallon of cellulosic fuel at the pump will cost you about $10-$12/gallon.

I won't even get into the foolishness of solar or wind when half the US population lives in high density cities.

To think we are going to replace carbon fuels with grass, corn stalks, wind is a fairies tale. We are all waiting for that new math....

1656021985655.png

288808687_5091174210930920_2703986400391419784_n.jpg

Remember when??? Joe can't remember lunch, but he (and all the senate) needs reminded of this one.

How far can you trust the administration when the President has said on numerous occasions that he was going to shut down the fossil fuel industry. And hi is accomplishing it from Day one, hour one on the day he was inaugurated

the President has said on numerous occasions that he was going to shut down the fossil fuel industry. And hi is accomplishing it from Day one, hour one on the day he was inaugurated
One thing you can say for Biden, he is keeping his campaign promises.

An issue of concern for me is the lag time between enactment of a corrective policy and significant results. The Bidet administration has caused directly and indirectly substantial disruption to the world's food supply and distribution. If these actions- eg elimination of Ukraine's graine crop, depletion of supplies of fertilizer resulting in decreased production worldwide, and decreased deliveries due to reduced shipping. At some point there will be a lot of people, initially in the poor African countries that will have less food than their daily requirement, which over time will lead to starvation. At that point I expect that changes will be made in the government followed by changes by the new leaders, but back to my original concern: with people starving, how long will it take for those problems to be remedied? I fear that a lot (millions) of people will die before the changes would allow for a resumption of a food supply matching the needs of the population.

sell out.jpg

Reagan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever liberal heads didn't explode over New York State Rifle & Pistol Association ruling ...........

I told my daughter on the ride to work today that there are people my age (55) who are as liberal as I am conservative who in the years to come will look back on the past two days and describe them as the darkest days of their lives. I can't tell you how much joy that brings me.

You are correct. One of the markets my company sells industrial equipment into is the renewable energy market. We have been intimately involved in helping to develop grain and cellulosic ethanol production process'. After 30 years of significant research and massive amounts of private & public funding, the US cellulosic energy market produced ~2.1 million gallons total all last year. In contrast the US consumes ~840 million gallons/day of oil.

Oh, and by the way, a gallon of cellulosic fuel at the pump will cost you about $10-$12/gallon.

I won't even get into the foolishness of solar or wind when half the US population lives in high density cities.

To think we are going to replace carbon fuels with grass, corn stalks, wind is a fairies tale. We are all waiting for that new math....
I see quite a few houses in Phoenix with solar panels on the roof. I also see most with a layer of dirt/dust on them. Some have a substantial coating of pigeon poop. All this makes me wonder what the efficiency level has fallen to. Installed and forgotten?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg