Politics

1654295050901.png

282295620_5199636430090071_3965937623908528977_n.jpg

This is the actual sign in front of the Broken Arrow school in Oklahoma. We need more like this one.

View attachment 469611

This is the actual sign in front of the Broken Arrow school in Oklahoma. We need more like this one.
Hanover School in Hanover Colorado has a very similar sign. There should be a strong push to get more districts to take this action.

1654305440320.png

1654308467722.png

View attachment 469611

@K-man , not doubting the sign exists, but Broken Bow is in SE Oklahoma and Broken Arrow is a suburb or Tulsa in NE Oklahoma.

The war on drugs is all but over. For example, in Texas, the DPS lab in Austin cannot determine the difference between weed and hemp, so no one get prosecuted. hard drugs first offense in mandatory probation, unless you have a prior felony. Minor amounts are State Jail Felonies, which generally get reduced under 12.44CCP to time served in the County Jail. I’ve seen 1st degree drug cases, pled down to State Jail Felonies and the 12.44 on top of that. Unless that Taxpayers are willing to spend serious money building and staffing more prisons, not much is going to happen.

Legalize drugs, would wipe out a lot of government workers. Which could be good or bad depending if it’s your job that has been eliminated. DEA, Police, local, state, federal, courts and staff.

I am not sure that legalizing drugs would solve things. I say this based on a few anecdotal experiences. First I would say there are two types of drug addicts: recreational and habitual. Its not a clear cut division but its a division that has some merit. For instance I've noticed here in Toronto some university students are into coke, speed and other stimulants. Some of these guys are in law school, med. school etc, engineering etc... They take stimulants both to party but also because it helps to keep them awake when studying for exams etc... I'd say they fall into the recreational user group.

Now with habitual users some of them were recreational users who got hooked on these drugs they were taking recreationaly. Another group of habitual users are people who were prescribed opioid painkillers due to a health condition/ pain they had. The doctors got them hooked on this shit. They then turn to the black market when they are no longer prescribed these drugs or when the prescribed doses are no longer high enough. However, perhaps the largest group of habitual users are people who have serious mental health issues and/or trauma. They then turn to drugs as a way to self medicate. The issue here is that it becomes impossible to separate the mental health issues from the drug abuse issues.

I'm not sure legalization would help most habitual users as they would still be largely dysfunctional people who would still committ various property crimes to get money for their drug habits. You can see this with people who are alcoholics. They will either steal the alcohol itself or steal things to get money to buy alcohol. Not to mention all the other issues that come with addiction such as overdoses, health care etc... would still be there.

Those are the issues on the user side. Now when it comes to dealers the problems would likely remain. For instance I knew a guy who sold weed back in the 90s- when it was very much an illegal drug in Canada. He made a ton of money off it. He would mainly sell it to various professionals- who used it recreationally. He very much ran in like a business and these people also treated it like a business. For instance he told me they would not call him at odd hours and both seller and dealer kept a low profile. He never got arrested or even charged for a drug offense.

On the other hand a friend of mine works as a super in government housing buildings were people on welfare live. In 2015, at the building he was working at the time, there was a murder. A guy from another building came to buy weed off a guy who lived in his building. The buyer came to buy 10 grams of weed and the agreed upon price was $100. The buyer tried to buy the 10 grams with $90. The seller refused and got irate and the buyer was able to find a few extra loonies and quarters in his pocket. The total money he had on him, when emptying all his pockets, was $95. As a result the seller of the weed stabbed and killed him. This was over $5. He then dragged the guy's body into the building's stair case and left it there. Now, notwithstanding how terrible it is to murder someone over $5, what kind of a retard do you have to be to do something like this. Its definately not worth it to kill someone over $5 considering the penalty if you are caught and dumping a body in the stairway that is 20 feet from your door is idiotic. Whether legal or not this retard would act in the same way.

Another example, this same friend, currently works as a super at a harm reduction building. This is a building where all of the tenants are people who are on disability or on welfare and have addiction issues. Dealers frequent this building all the time. The slightly more capable addicts also work for these dealers selling their product. So the government basically created a drug haven at that building. A few days ago a crack dealer broke a guy's femur over money owed for crack. This occured in a hallway in the building and a security camera recorded the incident. So the dealer was arrested. Otherwise when these people are dealing and doing drugs in their apartments nothing is really done by cops due to a lack of "proof".

The jails in Toronto are flooded with gang members/drug dealers. A lot of them are Jamaicans and Somalians. They are in prison for serious crimes such as murder, mostly over drugs, however they are so broke that they cannot even buy snacks from the canteen. You can't fix this kind of stupid.

1654363708156.png

1654379214357.png

1654391672304.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross