Politics

Makes one wonder if some of her educational qualifications are based on something other than academic achievement :A Wacko:. But that's not possible......................right?
Well, passing the bar is not a gimme. Also, one could have a really good liberal education and be ignorant of science. It works both ways as well, I remember quite a number of engineering and computer science class mates at Purdue who were clueless about literature and European history. When I took a class on John Milton as one of my two required literature classes they had no idea who he was.

Last edited:
1712766360870.png

Not sure where you went for undergrad, but in Texas we have the general education requirement so everyone gets the basics, including literature. But how can any American college student not know who Milton is, if you watched the great American classic Animal House.

Well, animal house came out in 1978 just as I was graduating. My fraternity brothers and I sure identified with it though. :sneaky:

I went to Purdue for undergrad, at that time, engineering students' requirements were 3 hours of Communications, 6 hours of literature (most took Science fiction as 3 of those hours) and 6 hours of humanities (most took economics to fulfill it). Rest were engineering courses and 15 hours of electives (most took various Computer Science classes). Not a well-rounded education for sure, but we barely got in all the classes we wished to take.

So now when they are pressured to make a deal Hamas says it can't even put together 40 live hostages. First they said 'not in the category Israel wanted', then Israel says well add any others and Hamas is mum. They are just playing games, it is beyond belief that they are getting support.

1712772720133.jpeg

Makes one wonder if some of her educational qualifications are based on something other than academic achievement :A Wacko:. But that's not possible......................right?
I am not sure this would make "honorable mention" considering some of the shit I have heard from her over the years.

1712793272809.png

1712830420889.png

Well, passing the bar is not a gimme. Also, one could have a really good liberal education and be ignorant of science. It works both ways as well, I remember quite a number of engineering and computer science class mates at Purdue who were clueless about literature and European history. When I took a class on John Milton as one of my two required literature classes they had no idea who he was.
Being ignorant of science is the new trend regardless of which side you’re from.
People carry it like a badge of honor.

No idea how legit this is but it seems to contain a lot of logic. Referring to the piece below that a friend sent me, unsigned by the author.
Personally our business has lost over 100 acres of prime corn growing ground to solar panels. So explain to me how taking crop land permanently out of production (A growing corn crop has been proven to have similar air quality enhancing ability as the Rain Forest.) And just where is food going to come from on a future planet covered in solar panels? For that matter, my brother, a logger with one of those cool tree processors, is being contracted to remove trees to make room for solar panels. Bob

AN INTERESTING CONCLUSION… SOLAR FARMS WILL BECOME THUNDERSTORM and TORONADO INCUBATORS and MAGNETS.

As more & more counties get more solar farms.....
From a STEPHENVILLE resident, George Franklin:

I should start by telling you what bonafides I have for writing this. I am a retired aerospace engineer. A literal rocket scientist if you will. I worked on MX (Peacekeeper) Space Shuttle, Hubble, Brilliant Pebbles, PACOSS, Space Station, MMU, B2, the Sultan of Brunei's half billion dollar private 747 with crystal showers, gold sinks and 100 dollar a yard coiffed silk carpets. I designed a satphone installation on prince Jeffry's 757. I did all of the design work for the structure of Mark 1V propulsion module currently flying on at least 3 spacecraft that I know of. Some of the more exciting projects I have worked on are not shareable. I am also am FAA certified glider pilot and FAI certified gold glider pilot. I fly both full scale and model sailplanes. I am Microsoft certified and ComTIA A+ certified.

SOLAR PANELS are at best about 20% EFFICIENT. They convert almost 0% of the UV light that hits them. None of the visible spectrum and only some of the IR spectrum. At the same time as they are absorbing light they are absorbing heat from the sun. This absorbed HEAT is RADIATED INTO THE adjacent ATMOSPHERE. It should be obvious what happens next. When air is warmed it rises. Even small differences in ordinary land surfaces are capable of creating powerful forces of weather like thunderstorms and tornadoes. These weather phenomena are initiated and reinforced by land features as they are blown downwind. It is all too obvious to me what will happen with the heat generated by an entire solar farm. SOLAR FARMS WILL BECOME THUNDERSTORM and TORONADO INCUBATORS and MAGNETS.

Solar panels are dark and and they emit energy to the space above them when they are not being radiated. This is known as black-body radiation. Satellites flying in space use this phenomenon to cool internal components. If they didn't do this they would fry themselves.

So solar farms not only produce more heat in summer than the original land that they were installed on, but they also produce more cooling in winter, thus exacerbating weather extremes.

So I conclude with this. THERE IS NOTHING GREEN ABOUT GREEN ENERGY except the DIRTY MONEY flowing into corrupt pockets.
There is no such thing as green energy. The science doesn't exist. The technology doesn't exist. The engineering doesn't exist. We are being pushed to save the planet with solutions that are worse than the problems.

FB_IMG_1712845500707.jpg

And just where is food going to come from on a future planet covered in solar panels?
Every urban citizen knows the food will come from frozen bag in supermarket! Most important is green energy!

No idea how legit this is but it seems to contain a lot of logic. Referring to the piece below that a friend sent me, unsigned by the author.
Personally our business has lost over 100 acres of prime corn growing ground to solar panels. So explain to me how taking crop land permanently out of production (A growing corn crop has been proven to have similar air quality enhancing ability as the Rain Forest.) And just where is food going to come from on a future planet covered in solar panels? For that matter, my brother, a logger with one of those cool tree processors, is being contracted to remove trees to make room for solar panels. Bob

AN INTERESTING CONCLUSION… SOLAR FARMS WILL BECOME THUNDERSTORM and TORONADO INCUBATORS and MAGNETS.

As more & more counties get more solar farms.....
From a STEPHENVILLE resident, George Franklin:

I should start by telling you what bonafides I have for writing this. I am a retired aerospace engineer. A literal rocket scientist if you will. I worked on MX (Peacekeeper) Space Shuttle, Hubble, Brilliant Pebbles, PACOSS, Space Station, MMU, B2, the Sultan of Brunei's half billion dollar private 747 with crystal showers, gold sinks and 100 dollar a yard coiffed silk carpets. I designed a satphone installation on prince Jeffry's 757. I did all of the design work for the structure of Mark 1V propulsion module currently flying on at least 3 spacecraft that I know of. Some of the more exciting projects I have worked on are not shareable. I am also am FAA certified glider pilot and FAI certified gold glider pilot. I fly both full scale and model sailplanes. I am Microsoft certified and ComTIA A+ certified.

SOLAR PANELS are at best about 20% EFFICIENT. They convert almost 0% of the UV light that hits them. None of the visible spectrum and only some of the IR spectrum. At the same time as they are absorbing light they are absorbing heat from the sun. This absorbed HEAT is RADIATED INTO THE adjacent ATMOSPHERE. It should be obvious what happens next. When air is warmed it rises. Even small differences in ordinary land surfaces are capable of creating powerful forces of weather like thunderstorms and tornadoes. These weather phenomena are initiated and reinforced by land features as they are blown downwind. It is all too obvious to me what will happen with the heat generated by an entire solar farm. SOLAR FARMS WILL BECOME THUNDERSTORM and TORONADO INCUBATORS and MAGNETS.

Solar panels are dark and and they emit energy to the space above them when they are not being radiated. This is known as black-body radiation. Satellites flying in space use this phenomenon to cool internal components. If they didn't do this they would fry themselves.

So solar farms not only produce more heat in summer than the original land that they were installed on, but they also produce more cooling in winter, thus exacerbating weather extremes.

So I conclude with this. THERE IS NOTHING GREEN ABOUT GREEN ENERGY except the DIRTY MONEY flowing into corrupt pockets.
There is no such thing as green energy. The science doesn't exist. The technology doesn't exist. The engineering doesn't exist. We are being pushed to save the planet with solutions that are worse than the problems.

View attachment 598867

The corn field part of that I don't doubt is true to an extent. I have farming family in western Iowa. A number of the farmers there have entered into agreements with the companies running windmills and you'll see them across the countryside.

Now I don't have it first hand, but according to one cousin, some of those guys jumped on the wagon of "free money" a little quickly and didn't read the contracts close enough or didn't fully comprehend them. But as the story goes, the windmill company decides where it will put the windmill on your land. Furthermore, it also will decide where there will be an easement to allow access for maintenance to the equipment. And this of course will be to their advantage with no regard to the farmer's wishes. As a result not only does the easement take out land just by its own existence, but the placement can take out even more such as long edges. The edge land being essentially made useless for planting and working.

So the secondhand story goes FWIW.

I don't recall where I read this. Once the contract is over, the farmer is responsible for disposing of those solar panels; the solar contractor just walks away and leaves that mess for the farmer to figure out how to clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atax300

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.