Politics

Leaked docs show that world leaders are preparing for Russia to launch WW3. Per source on Fox Business.

Take it for what its worth.
Launch WW3 with what? Their conventional army is in tatters. If we went into Ukraine or battled them anywhere else, we would mop them up. The only thing they could start WW3 with is nuclear weapons and I don't think even they are that stupid. Or, at least, I hope not.

The lesson to be learned is... go hunting while you can!

I know the Trump loyalists are high-fiving Monday's results where he managed to get half the Republicans to support his candidacy. RedState is pointing out one other bit of data that perhaps should be a concern.

"There is just one small detail that shows a potentially big problem for not just Donald
Trump but for all Republicans on the ballot this election cycle. According to the data, just over 108,000 Republicans voted in the caucus. That equates to 14.4 percent of all 752,000 of Iowa's registered Republicans showing up to vote. This is both pathetic and appalling for both Trump and the national Republican party in general ........ this is the lowest it has been since the 2000 Iowa Caucuses, where only 86,440 Republicans voted."

It is certainly possible to blame the weather, or perhaps a certainty that Trump would win. But, it is equally possible there is a genuine enthusiasm issue for any of the candidates. If that is true, it is something to consider as the general approaches.
I grew up next door in SD. I'm betting a lot of farmers stayed home due to the weather, especially considering it is a caucus, not a vote.

I think a lot of people realize that Biden was a mistake. General election turnout should be high again but not as high as mail-in ballots to everyone too scared to vote during COVID and too lazy to vote in person before the pandemic.

I suspect China will see an end to their open window for taking Taiwan, particularly if polls show the probability of a Trump win in November. It seems a lot of countries are preparing to be involved in a conflict only a few want.

Beats the livin' hell out of this libtard in RINO clothing named Haley. Everyone knew Trump would kick some asss, and he did.
I can see why you resent her. She is intelligent, accomplished, experienced and uses big words.

Seems the Electric Car owners in Minnesota are complaining that their cars are taking way to long to charge in this cold weather and some stations are not even working and their cars have lost over 30% of there advertised range, Welcome to Minnesota. Welcome to Minnesota Dumbasses.

There's only one option for 2024......

His Excellency, El Caudillo, Presidente de toda América del Norte for Life...

Nayib Armando Bukele Ortez

1705469860422.png

I can see why you resent her. She is intelligent, accomplished, experienced and uses big words.
Yes, she is very accomplished. Graduated from Clemson. She has quite a resume that includes an Accounting Degree. She was a businesswoman, South Carolina State House Representative, two-term Governor and Ambassador to the UN. She raised money for local hospital charities and the Lexington County Sheriff's Foundation. She supports our military.

As a politician, she voted for lower property taxes, education reform, merit pay for teachers (her mom was a teacher and her dad a PhD professor), charter schools, school choice, signed an "Arizona-style" tougher immigration law, tougher abortion restrictions, etc...

I guess she's not conservative enough for some people on this site??? She has fought for our conservative issues and has been married 28 years with two kids. What's not to like? Or is it just that she ran against Trump? She's probably the most qualified candidate in the race and has ALWAYS been a real Republican. Trump has not. I would vote for her or Desantis over Trump but will vote for Trump if I have to.

To me she falls into the "Knows so much that isn't so" category that Reagan mentioned.
I do not. Neither would Ronald Reagan. He certainly wouldn't consider her a "liberal friend." In fact, she is the sort of large tent Reagan Republican he would recognize and support. She was an admired businesswoman, accomplished state legislator and well respected two-term governor of South Carolina in a state more noted for John C. Calhoun and Strom Thurmond than supporting a female child of Indian parents. Her tenure as UN Ambassador was one of refreshing candor as she clearly articulated the interests of this country against the foreign policy gibberish emerging from the president. I would gladly support her or DeSantis over Trump.

I do not. Neither would Ronald Reagan. He certainly wouldn't consider her a "liberal friend." In fact, she is the sort of large tent Reagan Republican he would recognize and support. She was an admired businesswoman, accomplished state legislator and well respected two-term governor of South Carolina in a state more noted for John C. Calhoun and Strom Thurmond than supporting a female child of Indian parents. Her tenure as UN Ambassador was one of refreshing candor as she clearly articulated the interests of this country against the foreign policy gibberish emerging from the president. I would gladly support her or DeSantis over Trump.
I'm not saying she's a liberal, I don't know if she's really a conservative either though. She's absolutely a Republican I'll give you that. I think her foreign policy positions aren't that different from George W. Bush or Hillary Clinton (which aren't that different realistically), and to me and many others that's the problem. Her "support for the military" is great, most politicians fall over themselves to "support the military. " ... but in my opinion what would be better is to honor Veterans by not creating more of them with the same adventurism the US has displayed the entire 21st century. I just don't see her being any departure from the nonsense jingoism. This country needs revitalizing, and I don't think it's going to be found in foreign intervention.

Corey, you have a point with her saber rattling. But. Her sensible views on abortion garner a lot of support from the middle, moderates, independents, and white women.

The most important thing about her is she can win.

Desantis would be a great president. But he isn’t as likable. And shallow moderates use shallow metrics.

Winston Churchill often said there is no problem so complicated or so serious that if both sides sat down with good intent, couldn’t be solved in 20 minutes.

It’s shameful that Biden hasn’t shown the leader ship to lock the doors and resolve this issue with the remain in Mexico policy and fund Ukraine.

He has Shown why he was never elected president the other two times he ran. He has zero leadership skills. He’s an empty suit.

Corey, you have a point with her saber rattling. But. Her sensible views on abortion garner a lot of support from the middle, moderates, independents, and white women.

The most important thing about her is she can win.

Desantis would be a great president. But he isn’t as likable. And shallow moderates use shallow metrics.

Strength is not a deterrent if your opponent doesn’t believe you will use it. If you have any doubts on the veracity of this statement, look at the mess Joe Biden has created while sitting on the most powerful force in the world.

Leaked docs show that world leaders are preparing for Russia to launch WW3. Per source on Fox Business.

Take it for what its worth.

I know the US military and will assume all NATO countries have multiple war plans for multiple countries launching an attack. Russia and China being the most obvious.

Last edited:
Launch WW3 with what? Their conventional army is in tatters. If we went into Ukraine or battled them anywhere else, we would mop them up. The only thing they could start WW3 with is nuclear weapons and I don't think even they are that stupid. Or, at least, I hope not.

The lesson to be learned is... go hunting while you can!

Like I said .....take it for what it's worth.

The leaked German docs list eastern European countries, in 2025, as possible targetsfor Putin's ambitions.

Are all the armchair General's around here more privy to Putin's plans, then the worldwide intelligence agencies?

Don't underestimate evil men, and don't underestimate China's ambitions.

The leaked German docs list eastern European countries, in 2025, as possible targetsfor Putin's ambitions.

Are all the armchair General's around here more privy to Putin's plans, then the worldwide intelligence agencies?

It’s shameful that Biden hasn’t shown the leader ship to lock the doors and resolve this issue with the remain in Mexico policy and fund Ukraine.
The fact that some one has to show him the door, explain how it locks, pull up a chair for him, and tell him what to say doesn't help much either.

I am "around here" and I am not an "armchair general." I am a real one. It is a pretty small club, and we stay in contact.

Putin can not carry out another ground invasion for quite a while thanks to Ukraine and Western support. He obviously could strike with nuclear weapons, but that would be national and cultural suicide.

Political interests in Germany and Poland, as the leading military states confronting Russia on the Continent, and Sweden and Finland, as the Alliance's newest members, are all vested in more fully developing their deterrence capabilities. Leaking a threat assessment would underscore the need for such preparedness.

In this case, the leaked document is a scenario setter for a defense planning exercise.

The hand ringing class on both the right and left tends to read headlines - "THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!" - or memes - rather than take a few minutes to do just a bit of due diligence to understand the actual story. The attached is better than most.

With Putin's established behavior, a national or alliance planning effort, would seem prudent. Any such exercise requires a set of conditions to be met for the planning scenario to make sense. If this were a US planning exercise, a couple of majors would have developed the exercise environment. I suspect something similar is going on in the Bundeswehr. The field exercises with Poland would add an actual deployment element.

This represents standard US/NATO exercise formula where multiple headquarters participate, but only a few elements are actually in the field. The likelihood of the exercise conditions setting framework actually happening is close to zero. But preparedness is never a bad thing, and the fact that Germany and Poland are making serious efforts is reassuring.

I have participated in exercises where we invaded Canada, defended the Flint Hills of Kansas, and fought off a Chinese amphibious assault on Big Sur. Other exercises were in defense of the Fulda Gap, the Tigris Euphrates river valleys, and a host of others. All had a condition setter that created the environment for the exercise to take place. None were important. It was the actual warfighting planning, coordination, and execution among various HQs that was the point of the drill.

Last edited:
Salute Sir! As always articulate and succinct. Or as my retired enlisted ass would say. A no BS response. Thank you for all your responses that enlightened many and would all if they took the time to read and try to understand. Very respectfully again General thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinVvw21

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.