Politics

The USA has labelled both Canada and the EU as threats to their "National Security" in order to justify new duties declared by their military Commander-in-Chief on the international trade of steel and aluminum. So I suggest that USA made products such as firearms and ammunition should be sold exclusively within the USA so Canada and Europe can help our esteemed neighbour defend themselves and improve their national security. Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that Canadians and Europeans should make do with their own products exclusively. For all our AfricaHunting friends in Canada, Europe, Africa and elsewhere, please don't buy any American made products. Lets's support the USA in their concern. One can never be too careful when there are evil guys to deal with, and it is our duty to help, as always.
Your pompous remark is off base, purposely interpreting self protective measures out of context and the opposite of reality where the U.S. Canada and the E.U. enjoy very strongly shared democratic values. Your viewpoint is nothing but a highly nationalistic pretentious opinion of the most narrow minded type. Get rid of your inferiority complex that is not representative of Canadians of Canada which is a very highly respected country that enjoys an excellent relationship with the U.S. People like you wallow in their own dissatisfaction at the drop of a hat calling for boycotts. Get a grip and get a life. I enjoy dual citizenship of Canada and the United States. I know both countries well.

Last edited:
Your pompous remark is off base, purposely interpreting self protective measures out of context and the opposite of reality where the U.S. Canada and the E.U. enjoy very strongly shared democratic values. Your viewpoint is nothing but a highly nationalistic pretentious opinion of the most narrow minded type. Get rid of your inferiority complex that is not representative of Canadians of Canada which is a very highly respected country that enjoys an excellent relationship with the U.S. People like you wallow in their own dissatisfaction at the drop of a hat calling for boycotts. Get a grip and get a life. I enjoy dual citizenship of Canada and the United States. I know both countries well.

Way to jump on that 5 year old post!!!

We are the most powerful country in the World and look who's going to be the two final candidates. What a shame but this is what happens when only %50-60 of the people vote.
Future of this country is being decided by large donors and party establishments nobody else.
The biggest problem is that it requires tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to run for office, and that immediately rules out 99% of the population. Add to that the two party system establishment where the 1% tell the rest of the population they have to pick their party's candidate, or vote for the enemy (true for either side). Vote R or vote D; an independent has almost no chance of winning.

I would bet that myself or most/all regularly contributing members of this forum could personally run on a platform and message that would actually appeal to the masses and carry a landslide of independent and R voters. Even moderate D's would honestly consider us a better choice than Bidet. But we will never have enough exposure, nor support from the Establishment to get the nomination and be able to legitimately run.

I don't know how to change this, other than the voters need to get smart enough to stop voting in these lifelong swamp rats and make the system change.

Is Ukraine still kicking ass and taking names?

Just checking, because I quit believing anything on the news over a year ago.
In a few words not as much as many had hoped this summer. Ukraine has just taught the uninformed in the White House and particularly the ignorant savant leading the National Security Council (Jake Sullivan), that "combined arms warfare" means just that. Sending tanks and infantry against heavily mined defensive belts without that whole air power piece of combined arms is more than difficult.

They are making progress, but without the air support means to suppress Russian fires covering the minefields and defensive belts, it is very slow going. That said, to date, Ukraine has been able to destroy half of Russia's pre-war conventional combat power (including some nuclear delivery platforms that have also been destroyed) and without a single American military death.

Direct military aid to Ukraine has been around $50 billion dollars to date. That is 50 billion from the six TRILLION Biden has committed over the last year and a half. As of today, Ukraine has full control of 83% of its pre-war territory. They are fighting with great tenacity to recover the other 17%. In what world, at that cost, is it not in our national interests to support them?

The biggest problem is that it requires tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to run for office, and that immediately rules out 99% of the population. Add to that the two party system establishment where the 1% tell the rest of the population they have to pick their party's candidate, or vote for the enemy (true for either side). Vote R or vote D; an independent has almost no chance of winning.

I would bet that myself or most/all regularly contributing members of this forum could personally run on a platform and message that would actually appeal to the masses and carry a landslide of independent and R voters. Even moderate D's would honestly consider us a better choice than Bidet. But we will never have enough exposure, nor support from the Establishment to get the nomination and be able to legitimately run.

I don't know how to change this, other than the voters need to get smart enough to stop voting in these lifelong swamp rats and make the system change.
I agree that an Independent has almost no chance of winning unfortunately. We need fresh blood.

Term limits would help.

Term limits would help.
Term limits are a grand idea. But IMO not one thats going to go any where as long the States elect their own representatives, under with their own individual rules, and maintain voting rule autonomy.

What State is going to send new representatives every 4-8 years when other States have lifelong people representing them? The new guys will just keep getting creamed and the State with term limits will continue to lose out....

It seems like Federal term limits are always a good idea.... for the other guy....

Term limits are a grand idea. But IMO not one thats going to go any where as long the States elect their own representatives, under with their own individual rules, and maintain voting rule autonomy.

What State is going to send new representatives every 4-8 years when other States have lifelong people representing them? The new guys will just keep getting creamed and the State with term limits will continue to lose out....

It seems like Federal term limits are always a good idea.... for the other guy....

I know it stands a snowball's chance on my deck right now here in the east valley portion of Phoenix. But nonetheless I would support it. No more lifelong public "servants" serving themselves first. Both parties have their share of these.

I think it's an idea that the public as a whole would get behind and as such no congressman or senator will ever support it.

Last edited:
I do truly hope those buying into these things have worked through all the details of ownership.

5 minutes on the internet would have told him about all of the issues. Hell, even PBS had a show where a guy took a small roadtrip in CA in an electric vehicle and it to him like three days. He suffered all the same issues as this guy.

Some people are finding out that they can't even find replacement batteries, and if they do it could cost them 15k for a battery for a vehicle only worth 10k or less.

I just heard today that the bus company that Kamala and Biden were creaming themselves over has gone under. They're still trying to push electric semis that take 10 hours to charge for a range of 215 miles.

The push for electric vehicles is about control of an individual's transportation and to drive up the prices of everything. Not to mention some sweet kickbacks that are lining some skanky pockets in D.C.

Rant over.

This might sound like an extreme lack of compassion, but I tend to think of someone buying an 'outdoors' type EV, in the northern parts of the US and Canada, as a Darwin award candidate. Don't you have things like snow in winter and fires in summer? Last thing you want is a vehicle that only gets you halfway.

Is Ukraine still kicking ass and taking names?

Just checking, because I quit believing anything on the news over a year ago.

It’s a shame really. I wised up a few years ago to our news. I wish we could get honest reporting, but I think that is done and over for as far as the as the west is concerned.

This might sound like an extreme lack of compassion, but I tend to think of someone buying an 'outdoors' type EV, in the northern parts of the US and Canada, as a Darwin award candidate. Don't you have things like snow in winter and fires in summer? Last thing you want is a vehicle that only gets you halfway.

Snow in winter is one test I haven't seen anybody do but have been curious about as I live in a climate with at least 5 months of winter. How much is a bunch of extra tire spinning and and extreme temps going to draw down power?

"McConnell has spent 7 terms in the Swamp. The good ol' boys club needs to go."

I'll blame the voters of the state for voting for him, and for not having someone to vote him out. Like I've said earlier, we need term limits, and without them, we will continue to b*tch without any success. My 2 cents.

"McConnell has spent 7 terms in the Swamp. The good ol' boys club needs to go."

I'll blame the voters of the state for voting for him, and for not having someone to vote him out. Like I've said earlier, we need term limits, and without them, we will continue to b*tch without any success. My 2 cents.

I totally agree with you. However, practically I can’t see how to get there from here. Our system of government was set up with no intent that such a thing as a professional politician would exist. Of course, it was also set up such that only landowners could vote…

I know it stands a snowball's chance on my deck right now here in the east valley portion of Phoenix. But nonetheless I would support it. No more lifelong public "servants" serving no themselves first. Both parties have their share of these.

I think it's an idea that the public as a whole would get behind and as such no congressman or senator will ever support it
Not one single member of the house or the senate will ever vote themselves out of a place at the public trough. The perks and the payoffs are very lucrative.
They can’t. The federal government does not have that authority.
The rules are set by the individual States.

5 minutes on the internet would have told him about all of the issues. Hell, even PBS had a show where a guy took a small roadtrip in CA in an electric vehicle and it to him like three days. He suffered all the same issues as this guy.

Some people are finding out that they can't even find replacement batteries, and if they do it could cost them 15k for a battery for a vehicle only worth 10k or less.

I just heard today that the bus company that Kamala and Biden were creaming themselves over has gone under. They're still trying to push electric semis that take 10 hours to charge for a range of 215 miles.

The push for electric vehicles is about control of an individual's transportation and to drive up the prices of everything. Not to mention some sweet kickbacks that are lining some skanky pockets in D.C.

Rant over.
Like it or not or whoever is in the White House there won't be a NEW combustible engine vehicle to buy in the mid 2030's.

Sad... but.. very likely true..

Thankfully by the mid 2030's I will likely be on the last vehicle I will ever need to own.. whatever I buy in the next 2 years should take me to the mid 2030's.. and hopefully I can grab one of the last new(ish) gas burners then that get me all the way to the proverbial dirt nap.. (I generally keep a truck 8-12 years and drive it until it until it is falling apart and costs as much to maintain as it would cost to just get a new one.. and only then buy another truck)..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZNWilliem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.