Politics

Exactly, but most Americans are not ready to give diesel a fair shake.
Diesel with a turbo is no slouch. My Ram ecodiesel has as much power as the prior one with a hemi, but twice the range/MPG.

I'm on board brother, it's the mini van moms you have to convince.

We never really caught on to the 1990s-2000s "estate cars" of Europe. (in American English, that's what they call station wagons)

The Mercedes and BMW estate wagons came with turbo diesels. Way more dignified and efficient for a soccer mom versus a minivan. Similar pricepoint. 2x the useful life.

Unfortunately, Europe has started punitive actions against those cars in favor of electrics, so not only are they not coming to the USA, but they are leaving Europe.

1710264734247.png

I'm on board brother, it's the mini van moms you have to convince.
I discovered Cummins diesel in 1991 when I bought my first one and have never looked back. Best move I made in trucks and I'm on my third and probably my last one. Old 05 pre all the garbage and it just goes.

Unfortunately, Europe has started punitive actions against those cars in favor of electrics, so not only are they not coming to the USA, but they are leaving Europe.
Correct, I will be obliged to choose an electric, for my next car (100% fiscally deductible, versus fuel being now 0% deductible). Thankfully Belgium still has the principle of a company car, so I do not have to make such a wasteful investment myself (one that in 5 years time sees the cars' value drop to precisely 0)

I seem to remember the EPA racking Volkswagon's balls pretty good a few years ago over disparate emissions data. I wouldn't be honing to sell a small diesel in this country either.

My 2009 VW Jetta TDI gets a little over 600 miles to a 15 gallon tank (+40 mpg), my 2016 Jeep Cherokee gets 350 miles to the same size tank, (+23 mpg). The little vdub will melt the front tires off if you stand on it. It doesn’t like 95mph but it will do it. The speed limit is 75mph or less anyway.

My neighbor works for the state of Colocalifornicate here. He was just given a Mitsubishi Hybrid to use and test. It gets an ASTOUNDING 30 MILES per 16 HOUR charge! The small gas engine in it gets a work out and he has to stop MANY times at those "filthy" gas stations to keep the damn thing running. He told me the state bought a number of pure EVs and even the "fast" chargers take 7 HOURS TO CHARGE THEM! MY taxpayer dollars at work. WTF are we doing here!

Just when you thought things couldn't get any weirder! I'm guessing Schwarzenegger or Stallone for Secretary of Defense???????? Or those might be already committed to Trump.

New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers is on Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s short list to be his running mate on an independent presidential ticket in November, the New York Times reported Tuesday.

Kennedy confirmed to the newspaper that Rodgers and former Minnesota governor and professional wrestler Jesse Ventura are under consideration. Rodgers has been talking with Kennedy "pretty continuously" for the past month, according to Kennedy. It's unclear if either of them has been formally offered the position, though the Times said both have "welcomed the overtures."

Back to LHO and the conspiracy. LHO acted alone because when the wider conspiracy fell apart, he was the only one left to do the job.

You see, it all started when LHO, @Brent in Az , @freefall , @fourfive8 , @sestoppelman , @John Wasmuth , @Newboomer , @BSO Dave and @flatwater bill decided that the Kennedy's had gotten too big for their britches and they decided to "drain the swamp" and put Trump in charge. They had a secret meeting at a pub in London, where they ran into @spike.t and @WAB , who were there celebrating and knocking a few back after a visit to the Rigby showroom, where they had just placed orders for rifles, Rigby jackets and bloomers. These two new members of the conspiracy convinced the founders that they needed to bring in some ex-military guys, CEOs and contractors to help set plans, hire mercenaries and assist. @spike.t also said he knew of a nightclub owner he referred to as "JR" in Dallas that might help. Seems @spike.t had some "dirt" on the nightclub owner!

They quickly recruited @Red Leg and @rookhawk to be in charge of all things weaponry, battle plans and risk assessment; @mdwest to recruit mercenaries and to help @spike.t with the social (drinking party) calendar; @Corey0372 to run drone strategy; @Mark A Ouellette to handle outfitting the mercenaries with weapons; @1dirthawker from Alaska to handle amphibious assaults along the Dallas coast and falconery operations; @sgt_zim as the tech guy; @375 Ruger Fan for Press relations and video sourcing, with an assist by @Red Leg ; @Doubleplay to be the Devil's Advocate; @Boyd Brooks, @Kevin Peacocke, and @VertigoBE for foreign advisors; @steve white to be the Mannlicher expert; @ActionBob for funding the effort; @Hunt anything because he will hunt anything with legs; and @Wheels because, well you know, because he's Wheels and super smart, especially about Tanzania.

@mdwest hired the soldiers/killers such as me, @Tanks , @Altitude sickness , @shootist~ , @PHOENIX PHIL , @Tundra Tiger , @PARA45 , @BourbonTrail , @LivingTheDream , @BeeMaa , @CoElkHunter , @Bob Nelson 35Whelen , and @375Fox .

The initial planning was going great but then took a turn for the worst when people started defecting due to petty disagreements amongst friends:

@Tundra Tiger couldn't agree to bringing Trump in after Kennedy and LBJ were taken out and he was limited by his lever action rifle so he quit.
@PHOENIX PHIL quit to consult for JKO Hunting Safaris because he insisted that AZ would be a better place to act but the group, being dominated by Texans, wanted Dallas at all costs.
@WAB insisted on a proper tracking hunt for the target instead of a roadside shooting so he quit.
@375Fox wanted to take the target out in a free-range environment somewhere in the Great Plains instead of a hemmed in, fenced environment like a city, so he quit.
@CoElkHunter insisted that all members of the assault team carry .338 Win Mag rifles and was overruled because a 338 doesn't quite qualify for DG, so he quit.
I @Scott CWO disagreed with some members using Nosler Partitiions so I quit.
@sestoppelman got mad about the vaccination requirements for SF Operators so he quit.
@spike.t loathed that the group adopted the .375 H&H as standard issue and he also missed too many planning meetings from staying out all night so he was terminated.
@BeeMaa quit when the group voted to disallow the R8 and go with CRF only.
@Tanks was terminated after insisting that he be allowed hide in the trunk of the presidential limousine to take out the target with a double rifle at close range through the backseat and we also found out that the only reason he wanted to participate was to be able date Jackie and take her dancing afterwards.
@LivingTheDream quit because he was worried about getting caught and no longer living the dream.
@Kevin Peacocke and @VertigoBE were terminated by @Red Leg for trying to tell him how to run things from overseas. @Boyd Brooks was fired by @Red Leg just for being Canadian.
@rookhawk quit because of his risk assessment and because of a conflict of dates with a gun auction.
@flatwater bill quit because his "." computer key broke ................ and he couldn't.................. deal with............. that.
@375 Ruger Fan quit when we hired some guy named Abraham Zapruder to be our videographer instead of him.
@ActionBob was forced to quit after disclosing the plot to @Just Gina and she said, "Oh heck no, not for all the coffee in Colombia!" Bob also had too many hunts booked to be of help.
@Altitude sickness quit because the altitude in Dallas is too high for him.
@steve white quit when LHO didn't pick a real Mannlicher for a weapon.
@BSO Dave quit after an argument with @Red Leg over using the "nuclear option" that Dave favored over the @Red Leg favored option of 155mm artillery. Less collateral damage, said Joe.
@BourbonTrail quit when supplies of bourbon and cigars ran low.
@Hunt anything quit when told the operation was only for one high value target. He wanted to hunt all politicians.
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen was terminated by @Mark A Ouellette for wanting to use a .243.
@1dirthawker was fired by @Red Leg for being former Navy.
@Doubleplay was fired by @Brent in Az for getting Brent so upset that Brent went a little "cray cray" and was temporarily banned from the group. When Brent was allowed back in, he got his revenge.
@sgt_zim quit after realizing that VPN had not been invented yet and he didn't want to be discovered by the CIA and NSA.
@PARA45 was terminated by LHO because LHO's Cuban and Russian "friends" heard that he liked Colombian women more than Cuban and Russian women.
@Red Leg quit when he discovered that the target wasn't Putin.
@mdwest quit when funding dried up with the departure of @ActionBob.
@Corey0372 was fired for suggesting suicide B-52 "drone" strikes.
@shootist~ quit when he couldn't source enough reloading supplies for the mission.
@Mark A Ouellette quit when his wife told him that if he went through with the plot that she wouldn't ever take him back to Africa again.
@Wheels quit because, well, because the whole thing was just stupid.
@Brent in Az @fourfive8 @freefall @John Wasmuth @Newboomer quit because Jack Ruby threatened to shoot anyone who squealed and because Trump pulled out with Nikki Haley the only remaining option.

This left just LHO, who acted alone.

Hope you enjoyed a little humor. No hard feelings! THE END. :A Outta:
This was such an awesome manifesto I saved it to my favorites! LOL You've tagged most of the potential participants for an AH sponsored "circular firing squad" in the politics thread. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Just when you thought things couldn't get any weirder! I'm guessing Schwarzenegger or Stallone for Secretary of Defense???????? Or those might be already committed to Trump.

New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers is on Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s short list to be his running mate on an independent presidential ticket in November, the New York Times reported Tuesday.

Kennedy confirmed to the newspaper that Rodgers and former Minnesota governor and professional wrestler Jesse Ventura are under consideration. Rodgers has been talking with Kennedy "pretty continuously" for the past month, according to Kennedy. It's unclear if either of them has been formally offered the position, though the Times said both have "welcomed the overtures."
Jesse Ventura is just special. Both he and Aaron Rogers actually tend to reflect my assessment of Kennedy - and a campaign apparently descending into farce. I wonder how the Kennedy supporting right of center group feels about having the man who sued Chris Kyle's grieving widow as their vice presidential candidate? :unsure:

Last edited:
My 2009 VW Jetta TDI gets a little over 600 miles to a 15 gallon tank (+40 mpg), my 2016 Jeep Cherokee gets 350 miles to the same size tank, (+23 mpg). The little vdub will melt the front tires off if you stand on it. It doesn’t like 95mph but it will do it. The speed limit is 75mph or less anyway.

I’m no fan of the EPA, but this was pretty egregious on VW’s part. They basically falsified their emissions data. I’m amazed no one went to jail.

Jesse Ventura is just special. Both he and Aaron Rogers actually tend to reflect my assessment of Kennedy - and a campaign apparently descending into farce. I wonder how the Kennedy supporting right of center group feels about having the man who sued Chris Kyle's grieving widow as their vice presidential candidate? :unsure:

Yeah, that pretty much seals it for me.

Hopefully not Ventura, he lost his mind years ago!

But on the other hand, it almost sounds like fake news. One can hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavingcotswold

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg