Politics

Article says Catholics were upset about Biden’s pro abortion stance……. Millions of Catholics voted for his happy ass so it couldn’t have upset them that much….. just an observation.
Methinks there be quite a bit of hypocrisy there in the Catholic camp.

"quite frankly completely irrelevant to her own character"

I'm going to disagree with this comment @BSO Dave. Is it surprising she stood by her husband and supported him? No. I think most of us would for something on that level of offense. But if he really did do that, it does speak to her character. For her to claim he never did something he pleaded guilty to and served time for is dubious, at best. And to take that stance undermines what happened to the girls who were the victims, which does, in my mind, speak to her character.

Really? This is your problem with her? I don't know whether she was being literal or figurative.. It's sounds to be a metaphorical to me, but in any case, this is all you got?? I honestly don't hear anything offensive or "looney".. But, I guess you could be offended if you try really hard..? I know it's a low bar these days..

C'mon man.. I really thought you were going to dig up some election denial quote or something we could actually debate..
I am also a believer and may have said the same thing, simply because I am not a pHD theologian and don't have all the terminology at my finger tips. Clearly these are tense times to be in politics, but perhaps you are all taking opinion a step too far. Personal attacks are usually a measure of the attacker, not the subject.

Watching this speaker election process It is clear that the massive institution of the United States of America, the greatest power that the world has ever known, is actually run by small, rather average people. I mean that in no deragatory sense, but it is clear that intellect is not a pre-condition for entry to governance of this hugely important country. I would love to then say in the next sentance "but it works", but from out here as an observer without a label, it does not. The nation is headed by an imbecile, destroying it all dismantling energy independence, letting in who knows what with enough drugs to destroy the entire nation over and over. Destroying the economy too.Talk about a weapon of mass destruction!
So are there any adults in these halls of power to bring sense? The only ones I am seeing reside in that pentagonal shaped building, at least they need to pass criteria before being allowed to wield power. Perhaps the three legs of government should be expanded to four to ssve it all, perhaps it has already.

If you are interested in what the actual offense is you should read the penal code ver batum …. Taking a leak in public is exposure if anyone sees your tally whacker………… becomes an arrestable offense if some one sees it… but don’t let facts interfere with your falacies

We should be thankful at this time that because congress can’t decide on a speaker that they can’t get anything done….. including sending our children off to war on some fabricated bull shit from some fkd up ass generals oblivious view of how the world should be, they can’t tax you out of your home and they can’t raise your taxes while they can’t figure who the fk is supposed to be in charge…. We should actually thankful the ass hats can’t get a fking thing done that will fk over the average American tax payer….

Oh, wait, I need to see your SAT scores before I can conclude on your worth….. a bright and shiny fking lie….,

So, because we only agree on about 80% of things, we shouldn’t be in the same party even though we all disagree with the Democrats on about 100% of things? Instead of working on common ground issues, we should just ruin each other and hand a win to the Democrats? What a recipe for success! Not!

I’m incredibly disappointed in many of the Republicans but I’m rational enough to realize we need to work together to get done what we can.

This type of stupid public name calling and showboating is how we ended up with Obamacare, which cost me thousands! I was paying $750 per month for health insurance with reasonable deductibles for my family until Trump got in a public fight with McCain when he belittled McCain’s incredible suffering in the “Hanoi Hilton.” McCain wasn’t my favorite Senator but his service to our country was incredibly commendable. Not to mention that his father was an Admiral, as was his grandfather. Trump’s comments were despicable and WRONG. These completely irrational and cruel comments about someone that was TORTURED were a little too much for McCain so, unfortunately, McCain, being near death, struck back by denying Trump a major legislative win when McCain cast the final deciding vote in the Senate on Obamacare, not long before he died. My insurance went up over the next couple years to $2300 PER MONTH with a $6600 deductible because I made too much money and was forced to pay for a bunch of deadbeats!

Get your $h*t together!

1672895104832.png

Seems like it's still happening....

This is sickening, what’s wrong with the world and humanity??? :mad: :mad:

Metaphorical (figurative) rhetoric is common in debate. Seems like Boebert used some language that twisted the panties of some of the boy scout political analysts out there. :) Confusing the difference between literal and metaphorical speech when interpreting a debate, is neither a sign of intelligence nor language sophistication... but perhaps a low SAT score? Or at the very least it reflects a complete lack of imagination.

Last edited:
Quote of the Week

“I’m tired of your stupid platitudes that some consultant told you to say on the campaign trail, all right? Behind closed doors, tell us what you actually want, or shut the fuck up.”

Rep. Dan Crenshaw of Texas, a backer of McCarthy for speaker of the House, is among those getting frustrated with the rebel Republican faction that has derailed McCarthy’s accession.

1673010378633.png

Originally from the Houston area, Rep. Dan Crenshaw is a proud 6th generation Texan. From an early age, Dan knew that he wanted to serve his country with the most elite fighting force in history: the U.S. Navy SEALs. His father’s career in the Texas oil and gas industry moved his family all over the world, including Ecuador and Colombia, where he attended high school. As a result, Dan is fluent in Spanish. In 2006, Dan graduated from Tufts University, where he earned his Naval officer commission through Navy ROTC. Following graduation, he immediately reported to SEAL training in Coronado, CA, where he met his future wife, Tara. After graduating SEAL training, Dan deployed to Fallujah, Iraq to join SEAL Team Three, his first of five deployments overseas.

On Dan’s third deployment in 2012, his life changed forever. After six months of combat operations, he was hit by an IED blast during a mission in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was evacuated and awoke from his medically induced coma learning that his right eye had been destroyed in the blast and his left eye was badly damaged. Dan was completely blind and the doctors did not believe he would ever see again. Tara stood by him every day and night, keeping faith and praying he would see again. After several difficult surgeries and months of fighting a tough diagnosis, Dan eventually regained sight in his left eye, a miracle according to the head surgeon. Dan refused to quit and went on to deploy twice more, first back to the Middle East in 2014 and then South Korea in 2016.

Dan was medically retired in September of 2016 as a Lieutenant Commander after serving ten years in the SEAL Teams. He left service with two Bronze Stars (one with Valor), the Purple Heart, and the Navy Commendation Medal with Valor, among others. Soon after, Dan completed his Master’s in Public Administration at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Dan then returned to Houston, where his community was hit by Hurricane Harvey. The storm brought devastation the region had never seen. He spent his time volunteering in areas of Katy, helping his neighbors recover from the damage. He saw first-hand the unthinkable losses that Texas suffered, but he also saw Texan grit and resilience. This inspired him to do more for his community. Dan and Tara decided that the best way to serve the people of Texas would be in elected office.

In November 2018, Dan was elected to represent the people of Texas’s Second Congressional District. In Congress, he serves on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which has the broadest jurisdiction of any legislative committee in Congress. Dan serves on the Health Subcommittee and the Environment and Climate Change Subcommittee. Dan also serves on the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis.

Dan believes in service before self and understands that there is no higher calling than service to the American people. Although he can no longer fight on the battlefield, the integrity, leadership, vision, and tenacity he learned in the SEAL teams are present every day in his fight for common sense solutions in Congress.

This type of stupid public name calling and showboating is how we ended up with Obamacare, which cost me thousands! I was paying $750 per month for health insurance with reasonable deductibles for my family until Trump got in a public fight with McCain when he belittled McCain’s incredible suffering in the “Hanoi Hilton.” McCain wasn’t my favorite Senator but his service to our country was incredibly commendable. Not to mention that his father was an Admiral, as was his grandfather. Trump’s comments were despicable and WRONG. These completely irrational and cruel comments about someone that was TORTURED were a little too much for McCain so, unfortunately, McCain, being near death, struck back by denying Trump a major legislative win when McCain cast the final deciding vote in the Senate on Obamacare, not long before he died. My insurance went up over the next couple years to $2300 PER MONTH with a $6600 deductible because I made too much money and was forced to pay for a bunch of deadbeats!

Get your $h*t together!
It was low class by Trump.

Doesn't that say more about McCain then Trump. McCain gets insulted so he screws over thousands of Americans. Just a different perspective.

Watching this speaker election process It is clear that the massive institution of the United States of America, the greatest power that the world has ever known, is actually run by small, rather average people. I mean that in no deragatory sense, but it is clear that intellect is not a pre-condition for entry to governance of this hugely important country. I would love to then say in the next sentance "but it works", but from out here as an observer without a label, it does not. The nation is headed by an imbecile, destroying it all dismantling energy independence, letting in who knows what with enough drugs to destroy the entire nation over and over. Destroying the economy too.Talk about a weapon of mass destruction!
So are there any adults in these halls of power to bring sense? The only ones I am seeing reside in that pentagonal shaped building, at least they need to pass criteria before being allowed to wield power. Perhaps the three legs of government should be expanded to four to ssve it all, perhaps it has already.
Spot on Kevin. Our founders realized that we will be forever governed by ordinary people…with all of the flaws humans possess. Greed. Lust. Thirst for power. You name it. That’s why we have this brilliant system based on law, with divided powers. The process can be grindingly slow and often resembles a circus, as it does now. The founders did this intentionally. They were more concerned about what the government would do TO us than what they’d do FOR us.

The system works. Our greatest mistakes have been when we get frustrated with the system and try to work around it. The President and executive branch have too much authority now. The Judiciary too. This is not what the founders intended. In fact, they warned us about it.

Quote of the Week

“I’m tired of your stupid platitudes that some consultant told you to say on the campaign trail, all right? Behind closed doors, tell us what you actually want, or shut the fuck up.”

Rep. Dan Crenshaw of Texas, a backer of McCarthy for speaker of the House, is among those getting frustrated with the rebel Republican faction that has derailed McCarthy’s accession.

View attachment 509599

Originally from the Houston area, Rep. Dan Crenshaw is a proud 6th generation Texan. From an early age, Dan knew that he wanted to serve his country with the most elite fighting force in history: the U.S. Navy SEALs. His father’s career in the Texas oil and gas industry moved his family all over the world, including Ecuador and Colombia, where he attended high school. As a result, Dan is fluent in Spanish. In 2006, Dan graduated from Tufts University, where he earned his Naval officer commission through Navy ROTC. Following graduation, he immediately reported to SEAL training in Coronado, CA, where he met his future wife, Tara. After graduating SEAL training, Dan deployed to Fallujah, Iraq to join SEAL Team Three, his first of five deployments overseas.

On Dan’s third deployment in 2012, his life changed forever. After six months of combat operations, he was hit by an IED blast during a mission in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was evacuated and awoke from his medically induced coma learning that his right eye had been destroyed in the blast and his left eye was badly damaged. Dan was completely blind and the doctors did not believe he would ever see again. Tara stood by him every day and night, keeping faith and praying he would see again. After several difficult surgeries and months of fighting a tough diagnosis, Dan eventually regained sight in his left eye, a miracle according to the head surgeon. Dan refused to quit and went on to deploy twice more, first back to the Middle East in 2014 and then South Korea in 2016.

Dan was medically retired in September of 2016 as a Lieutenant Commander after serving ten years in the SEAL Teams. He left service with two Bronze Stars (one with Valor), the Purple Heart, and the Navy Commendation Medal with Valor, among others. Soon after, Dan completed his Master’s in Public Administration at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Dan then returned to Houston, where his community was hit by Hurricane Harvey. The storm brought devastation the region had never seen. He spent his time volunteering in areas of Katy, helping his neighbors recover from the damage. He saw first-hand the unthinkable losses that Texas suffered, but he also saw Texan grit and resilience. This inspired him to do more for his community. Dan and Tara decided that the best way to serve the people of Texas would be in elected office.

In November 2018, Dan was elected to represent the people of Texas’s Second Congressional District. In Congress, he serves on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which has the broadest jurisdiction of any legislative committee in Congress. Dan serves on the Health Subcommittee and the Environment and Climate Change Subcommittee. Dan also serves on the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis.

Dan believes in service before self and understands that there is no higher calling than service to the American people. Although he can no longer fight on the battlefield, the integrity, leadership, vision, and tenacity he learned in the SEAL teams are present every day in his fight for common sense solutions in Congress.

That’s a politician I can respect. We need more like him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerleneVic

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!