Politics

I think recent tainted--YES, TAINTED, elections always have a demoralizing effect on voters from the side which "lost" which would be the right in recent elections. I don't see how we can motivate our ranks if they feel it is of no use to even vote at all. The only hope I see is AT LEAST SOME OF THE GUILTY IN JAIL AS A DETERRENT, which is unlikely, OR voting reform Florida style by every single state that won for the right. It would be great to have national minimum standards of fairness and NO (LEGAL) FLOATING BALLOTS. If we fined MSM for political biase, even yanking some broadcasting licenses I would die a happy man as well.

So much for the left wing's claims of "voter suppression" in Georgia? Although they would have claimed that if Walker had won. They'll get their just rewards come 2024!
One could only fantasize about staging some protest riots and burning down the libs. in response...sigh

My problem with the disenchanted voter thesis is that republicans can win elections characterized by early voting, drop boxes and mail-in ballots. Texas, Florida, Georgia, and Virginia are examples. We have to be able to play on the existing field by the existing rule book. Want to change the rules? Fine, but we have to win elections to do that. None of that happens if voters have been convinced by an ever more bitter and self-indulgent politician that their vote won't count.

And we better have really good candidates.

Every election will have issues of some sort. They always have - whether Tammany Hall, Daley's Chicago, or Huey Long. What I do believe has happened is that a portion of the republican electorate has bought into the Trump narrative of the stolen election far more completely than electorates typically have. Trump is also the first President to weaponize his view of an election with his base in quite this way. The confusing aspect of this strategy is that he has been so successful with them, that their potential low turnout will hurt him in the primaries more than anyone else.

Last edited:
1670436385687.png

And the best war time leader in our lifetime.
Zelensky's "Without You" telegram message to the Russian people a couple of months ago will go down in history with the likes of Churchill and Lincoln.

“Do you still think that we are ‘one nation?’ Do you still think that you can scare us, break us, make us make concessions?”

“You really do not understand anything? Don’t understand who we are? What are we for? What are we talking about?,”

“Read my lips: Without gas or without you? Without you. Without light or without you? Without you. Without water or without you? Without you. Without food or without you? Without you,”

“Cold, hunger, darkness and thirst are not as scary and deadly for us as your ‘friendship and brotherhood." But history will put everything in its place. And we will be with gas, light, water and food … and WITHOUT you!”

My problem with the disenchanted voter thesis is that republicans can win elections characterized by early voting, drop boxes and mail-in ballots. Texas, Florida, Georgia, and Virginia are examples. We have to be able to play on the existing field by the existing rule book. Want to change the rules? Fine, but we have to win elections to do that. None of that happens if voters have been convinced by an ever more bitter and self-indulgent politician that their vote won't count.

Every election will have issues of some sort. They always have - whether Tammany Hall, Daley's Chicago, or Huey Long. What I do believe has happened is that a portion of the republican electorate has bought into the Trump narrative of the stolen election far more completely than electorates typically have. Trump is also the first President to weaponize his view of an election with his base in quite this way. The confusing aspect of this strategy is that he has been so successful with them, that their potential low turnout will hurt him in the primaries more than anyone else.
Sadly, it makes no difference who wins or loses. It's the same old s--t, just different names and faces.

And the best war time leader in our lifetime.
No doubt, he has been a good leader in the conflict against Russia, as any competent leader should be.

Remember when the biased Time Liberal rag mag praised Avenatti for becoming a Presidential hopeful? The dirt bag is now going to prison for 14 years.

If the roles were reversed, do you think Time magazine would give someone like Netanyahu, Time magazines man of the year?

Time magazines choices are similar to Obama receiving the Nobel Peace prize.

Don't read this every day coming out of post-WWII Western Europe?!?
Good thing it wasn't in the USA- Lil Biden would have Nuked them in the belief that nuclear bombs are only fatal to Republicans.

So much for voter suppression in Georgia....................record voter turnout.

Also, doesn't it say something good about the US, on how far we've come from the Jim Crow era when there were two black men running for US Senate in Georgia.

December 7th, 2022
Georgia voters came out in force in the 2022 midterm elections, shattering midterm turnout records. Election officials across the state have been working through nearly 8 months of a midterm election, from primary to general election runoff, and have delivered accurate results at a faster pace at nearly every point in the process. Georgia’s Election Integrity Act implemented reforms to enhance both voter convenience and election security.

“Georgians have shown that they are very engaged and interested in elections, and we have a system in which every eligible Georgian who wants to can register and vote and know their vote counts.” said Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. “When you have engaged voters and a convenient system, you get record-breaking voter turnout -just as we’ve seen all throughout these midterms.”

Some of the milestones achieved this cycle include:
-All-time turnout records for a mid-term election, with more votes cast than any other midterm
-Record breaking midterm Early voting turnout
-Record breaking absentee by mail votes cast in a midterm
-More Election Day votes cast in the 2022 runoff than on Election Day in the 2022 General Election, than on Election Day in the January 2021 runoff, or on the General Election Day in 2020
-Three days of single-day all-time voting records during Early Voting

By any measure, the 2022 midterm election was a success for all Georgia voters.

“Georgia’s election system has been challenged and scrutinized and criticized and passed every test,” Raffensperger said. “I’ll put it up against any other State in the Union as measured by voter convenience, accessibility, security and accuracy, and believe Georgia can be a model for the nation for election reform going forward.”

No doubt, he has been a good leader in the conflict against Russia, as any competent leader should be.

Remember when the biased Time Liberal rag mag praised Avenatti for becoming a Presidential hopeful? The dirt bag is now going to prison for 14 years.

If the roles were reversed, do you think Time magazine would give someone like Netanyahu, Time magazines man of the year?

Time magazines choices are similar to Obama receiving the Nobel Peace prize.
Remember, Time magazine’s “Man of the Year Award” was given to Putin right before he invaded Georgia. So sad to see Time become such a left wing propaganda rag. It used to be a well respected publication.

One of things that just boggles my mind is that the post cheap energy problem - both sides of the Atlantic - is totally self-inflicted.

Absolutely. We have sufficient global reserves of low cost oil to maintain a stable supply at half the cost of todays pricing. And heaven forbid that we challenge fuel specs that dramatically increase the refining cost. California is a great example. Anyone that supports CARB specs deserves to pay $6/gallon for gasoline.

I was on the cross industry panel on ULSD specs. Going to the current diesel sulfur spec cost billions in capital and raised production operating expenses roughly 40%, with zero environmental benefit! Remember the days when diesel was cheaper than gasoline in the summer and more expensive in the winter? That will NEVER happen again thanks to the EPA. You can’t make this stuff up!

524695B0-1DB5-404A-B79E-3B83ED1A544F.jpeg

One of things that just boggles my mind is that the post cheap energy problem - both sides of the Atlantic - is totally self-inflicted.

It absolutely is self inflicted, and Ukraine was not the cause, merely the match that set the precarious system on fire.

There has been mismanagement of energy policy for the last 2 or 3 decades. All due to the leftist green hysteria. There is only one answer that solves both environmental, security of supply and cost effectiveness questions. Nuclear.

People in the west are in for a rude awakening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.