POLITICS NRA files for bankruptcy

Power corrupts. The more power, the more corruption. A few insiders with sticky fingers controlling too much. I hope they can pull through this and regain the footing they had in years past. We need their power with politicians and antis to survive but it is way past due for new leadership with a fresh outlook.

Where were the auditors?

Not sure about their auditors, but I think it was the auditors that brought up all the issues with LaPierre a couple years ago. Board members quit and more were added. The board allowed LaPierre to stay.

Their law firm quit them around that time.

Way past time for LaPierre to go.

All:

This is a tactic which is commonly used . It may help escape from or renegotiate contracts . It also limits the amounts, if any , that the NYAG might be able to get .

Don’t get me wrong. I think there definitely some problems. This seems like a wise move to me.

I work in the Controllership office of a government Ministry. I would love to see their finances:

How on earth can an organization that gets so much fundraising and donation support throughout the United States possibly manage to find themselves bankrupt?

This stinks of all those charities in the era before auditing by Deloitte and other firms where it eventually came out that they put 98%of their money to executive and internal salaries.

A $64 million loss to internal misappropriation?
Where were the auditors?
Where were the financial controls?

Significant donors (which I assume are spread over many years and various states) with records of those transactions should consider a class.

I'm not even American or one that necessarily buys into the US brand of firearms rights, but that money should be considered stolen and needs to be recovered. Put it into the organisation that replaces the NRA.
Auditors express their opinion as to whether the financial statements are materially correct . They do not pass judgment on expense accounts, travel, etc unless specifically engaged to do so. I am an auditor .

“Drain the swamp” in the NRA as well as Washington DC. Same issues IMO. People go thinking they can make a change, then discover they can get rich and live on “easy street” at other’s expense.
Very sad.

Alinsky's Rule No. 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

TheTrace, which is funded by Michael Bloomberg, just unleashed a lot of ridicule on Bwana LaPierre today. They obtained the lost footage of an elephant hunt he took for the program Under Wild Skies. It makes him look like a bumbling fool.

While it is TheTrace and they are very anti-gun, they also get their facts correct.

I don't know where The Trace obtained this footage for sure but I suspect it came from either Ackerman-McQueen, their old ad company, or Waynes's former BFF Tony Makris.

https://www.thetrace.org/2021/04/nra-wayne-lapierre-shoot-elephant-lawsuit-bankruptcy/

I'm an Endowment Life member of the NRA so I want the organization to survive but I have wanted Wayne gone for a number of years now.

That video looked bad any way you slice it.

Over the last couple of years, I have sent letters (yes, actual letters, not emails) to the NRA on various topics. Have never received a response; not once.

Like many have said, the NRA swamp needs to be drained, starting with Wayne.

That video looked bad any way you slice it.
Unedited video alway does. Wayne did manage to drop his on the first shot, his follow ups were crap. Mama, is certainly a better shot than Wayne.

Wayne never was a real firearms enthusiast or hunter. Hence, part of the problem. The man deserves credit for a lot of things , but can you imagine a Fortune 500 company that has had the same CEO for the last 20 years? His time should have been over a decade ago. Power and Greed are seductive......

but can you imagine a Fortune 500 company that has had the same CEO for the last 20 years? ......

There’s actually a lot of them...

Warren Buffet... 50+ at Berkshire Hathaway
Alan Miller... 40+ at United Health
Larry Ellison... 35+ at Oracle
Richard Fairbanks... 25+ at Capital One
Rupert Murdoch... 34 at News Corp
John Chambers... 20 at Cisco

The list is much longer... but those are names many/most will recognize...

That said... Wayne sucks and needed to go a long time ago...

There’s actually a lot of them...

Warren Buffet... 50+ at Berkshire Hathaway
Alan Miller... 40+ at United Health
Larry Ellison... 35+ at Oracle
Richard Fairbanks... 25+ at Capital One
Rupert Murdoch... 34 at News Corp
John Chambers... 20 at Cisco

The list is much longer... but those are names many/most will recognize...

That said... Wayne sucks and needed to go a long time ago...
Yeah, without googling , I believe 5 of 6 you mentioned are also company founders . Obviously there are other examples that are not. But if LaPierre were as successful and admired as Warren Buffet instead of just a grifter and political hack , we wouldn’t be having this conversation . The only point being that most organizations need a change of leadership at some point. There will always be notable exceptions. We are in agreement.

Here, from New Yorker, blasted for elephant hunt in Botswana.

I would have thought the Elite Sword of Peleus (aka Blaser) would have ensured "professional success" ;) His wife did well though. I am envious of the hunt.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but there is a class action brewing against the NRA, being raised before the bankruptcy can be discharged. Members of the NRA can be listed as creditors against the NRA.

I personally am a Life Benefactor member, the highest level of normal life membership tier. I will be joining that class action.

The desired outcome of the claim against the NRA will be the condition that we forgive monies paid to the NRA for promises not fulfilled and in exchange, Wayne LaPierre is removed from the organization.

Please do some research on this action and decide if you have standing and would like to participate. We cannot allow the mission of the NRA to unravel due to the unjust enrichment of one employee.

Wayne was/is a crook. There's no other way to put it. Membership money went to buy suits, booze, trips etc and not for the defense of the 2nd amendment. I once was a member, no more until Wayne and this B of D are gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeannaDost

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg