Please allow me to introduce myself

Dear Jason Miller, welcome to the forum!
No, your post was not too long, and your story is fascinating!

And I look forward to your participation in our topics!

Welcome to AH Jason! Great intro and all the best for the New Year.

Welcome aboard Jason. How do you follow that intro??

Hi Jason, welcome to AH !

Jason, an excellent life you have made! Welcome to AH!

Cool introduction ! What an adventurous life you have lived !

GREAT intro...I can deduce that you are possibly a Rolling Stones fan to boot???
" Please allow me to introduce myself... I'm a man of wealth and taste"...Sympathy for the Devil.:A Band:

Welcome to AH

Welcome Jason! WOW... what a life.

My name is Jason Miller, I am very happy to stumble across this forum.

A little about me, I have had a serious passion for Africa and Adventure in general since 1992. As many it was a gift from my Uncle, a book by our friend Peter Capstick that gave me the fever. I was 22 at the time and Africa and especially hunting in Africa seemed an impossible feat.

So, I read, and read and read, my girlfriend at the time (my wife now) bought me more books and I found myself stopping at every bookstore in every town buying books on Africa exploration, hunting and South American Adventure as well. Over the years I have collected more than 2000 books some dated back to 1710 and have read them all.

My passion was to get to Africa however an opportunity in 1994 took me to the Amazon for three months working in remote regions with a mechanic fixing generators. Once I returned Africa still beckoned.

I applied for any and every job I could find in Africa, however being young and desperate of course nothing opened up. Even the Peace Corps came to screeching halt when my request for west Africa turned into an opportunity in Central America. I decided I had to get over there so purchased a ticket and visited Kenya and Tanzania. I backpacked all around both countries and had many adventures including some sad experienced along the border as the refuges poured over from the genocide in Rwanda and Burundi. (1996)

I worked in IT and finally decided the only way I would get over to Africa was to sell everything and go. So, my new wife and I quit our jobs sold most of our meager belongings and packed my .460 and 30-06 and we moved to Johannesburg in 1997. I partnered with a friend to build one of the first Internet Service Providers in South Africa. We eventually sold the business and spent two years traveling in our old Land Rover across all the southern African countries. My quest was to hunt and managed to hunt as locals in South Africa and Namibia. My plans were to stay in Africa and began flying with a pilot cargo from Namibia to Jo Burg and back. But my wife was getting home sick. She eventually insisted on coming home back to Texas and it broke my heart, but I conceded. I went back to work in IT just in time to find out I had cancer and fought a battle thankfully with insurance. Thanks to my wife insisting on coming home I lived. I was 29 years old.

I made multiple trips back and forth to Africa, climbing Kilimanjaro, and even spending time in Ghana and Burkina Faso translating Mamprule language to English. I finished my Pilot training including a Sea Plane rating and schemed to get back to my beloved Africa.

But alas, it wasn’t to be.

We had a son in 2003, I started building custom homes, and being in business for myself never had any time to travel. We had three more children over a decade and Africa moved farther back due to kiddos and a busy schedule. I fell into the Oil and Gas business and we moved around the country winding up in beautiful Colorado. Passions change and sailing, aviation and Italian cars and motorcycles became my hobbies. My books lined up in the basement waiting to be read again. In 2017 I was fortunate enough to retire from Oil and Gas and the same year I met a great man named Charles Mulli, a Kenyan businessman who sold everything 30 years ago to rescue orphaned children in East Africa. He asked for my help as a Development Director in the USA where I am fortunate enough to be able to travel the US working for Mully Children’s Family. At least four or five times a year I take a group over to East Africa and show them our facilities and then finish off their trip with a Safari or hunting trip if requested. Maybe I will see some of you in Reno and Dallas

I am finally back in Africa.
Welcome Jason. Have you been to Namibia?

Your passion and thirst for adventure is inspiring!! Thanks for introduction!

Welcome.

I thought you were going to start with "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm inspector Thompson's Gazelle, Special Programming Police, Light Entertainment Division, Special Flying Squad."

Welcome to AH Jason! Nice to have you on the posting side, looking forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to AH Jason! Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!