Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
Hello Everyone,

I put together a Plains Game Shot Placement Guide in a pdf file format, see attached file, from the photos on the forum for my families upcomming safari and I thought I would share it with everyone.

I hope it helps.

Plains-Game-Shot-Placement-File.png

Attachments

• AH Shot Placement Guide.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 3,670
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope it helps to.

Art, I think you have gone a little too forward and too high on some of the shoulder shots. On the zebra you want the shot in the triangle.

Thanks Art, this puts all of the PG shot placement information and photos which are normally shown individually on the AH web-site into one location.

Art, I think you have gone a little too forward and too high on some of the shoulder shots. On the zebra you want the shot in the triangle.

TMS, All the pictures came from the shot placement section on this forum. I read all the shot placement advice for each animal and the advice was always straight up the front leg 1/3 into the body. If you would let me know what I need to change I'll be glad to fix the file and upload it again. Zebra is on my list for this August, the shot placement advice said shot the Sargent chevron, where do you recommend I shoot my zebra?

Thanks for the reply, I look forward to your advice.

If you would let me know what I need to change I'll be glad to fix the file and upload it again.
Art and TMS, Feel free to discuss shot placement or make your own shot placement images but please do not modify or adapt any images from AH shot placement, thank you.

Art and TMS, Feel free to discuss shot placement or make your own shot placement images but please do not modify or adapt any images from AH shot placement, thank you.

No problem, I can't modify the pictures any way the only thing a can do is change the text I added.

Art you and you dad and brother will have a great reference file for the hunt.

^^^

If you think a swift kick in the nuts is bad..... :E Shocked:

Frequently one thing or another hits me in that very spot!

I was born in Texas but I prefer my tenderloins unseasoned so I avoid that shot at all costs..

Art, if all else fails, go for TEXAS HEART SHOT....

That red dot kinda makes you pucker up. I've made that shot before :)

When on safari in Namibia, our PH kept referring to "shooting them in the crease" rather than through the shoulders. If you look at the shot charts, there is a spot immediately behind the leg that is a crease. We followed instructions (adjusting for angle of entry) and had great results - clean kills with short tracking.

Great job of putting the shot placement guide together Mr Lambart. That sure saves a lot of time and effort of copying and pasting. I haven't had any luck finding shot placement on a baboon, but then again I wouldn't think that shot would be to demanding. I hope to see you tonight at the KCSCI dinner, to see Charlie Austins presentation of his hippo hunt. I'm pretty sure I remember your son, Art Jr. saying that he will be attending.

The safest shot with the largest margin for error is the high heart double lung, on the point of the shoulder shot from the broadside position. Straight up the front leg and divide the body in half and shoot.

This shot will take out the plumbing above the heart, one or both shoulders, both lungs and the result is always the same.

In the salt.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg