Pedestal Mounts

I love the set up of my Gemsbuck, my outfitter had a huge waterbuck mounted on a shield and I basically copied his design. :) I initially did it this way because of where I used to live, the ceilings were not as high as the house I'm currently in.

LIVING ROOM.jpg

BTW, my wife said that we have too much empty space on the wall, and that I need to do something about it. Soooo, I'm going back to Africa this year to comply with her demands. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I may have to look at this post again since I'll be hunting an Eland. :)

I love the set up of my Gemsbuck, my outfitter had a huge waterbuck mounted on a shield and I basically copied his design. :) I initially did it this way because of where I used to live, the ceilings were not as high as the house I'm currently in.

View attachment 446136
love the gemsbuck where did you get the shield?

I put the Kudu pedestal mount up on a shelf to get it off the floor. Takes up no floor space this way. I have the shelf mountEd to three studs with shelf brackets. The middle bracket is on the top behind the Kudu.
C7ED2979-738B-4A9D-9D41-586F3D0B6DE2.jpeg

love the gemsbuck where did you get the shield?

This was made in SA. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend the taxidermist that did all my work. Shady, dishonest, and unprofessional to put it nicely. I believe someone on this forum was making them, and they looked great too. Not sure if Eric from Top Texas Taxidermist does them or not. Might want to give him a shout, he is a sponsor here. Eric is a sh*t hot guy, and does beautiful work.

Let's see your pedestal Mounts. I am getting an Eland mounted and probably will opt for a pedestal.
Great post…I am having my Buff, Nyala and Black Impala all done in pedestal mounts din e they do not stick out as much as a normal mount and so will fit my office. My outfitter put me onto this when I told him my office size. I am getting them next month so will post when they are up

Kudu Pedestal Mount Taxidermy

Gemsbok Pedestal Mount Taxidermy

buff.jpg

Watching with interest. Just got the email that my first Eland is at the taxidermist and I am planning a pedestal on a flat base to put up on a planter ledge in my home. Planning to include a pedestal of my Steenbok on the base with the big boy.

@archer36 some animals seem to really lend themselves to pedestal mounts and I think Eland is one of them. Really shows off how massive they are.
I only have a couple pedestal mounts, but I’m happy I chose pedestals for the animals I did. Here’s a couple I like quite a bit.

F113C6CA-5584-4832-A159-497E3BCFBBAE.jpeg

Well, there’s supposed to be a waterbuck pedestal here, but modern technology has once again prevailed over my best efforts :mad:

Wow that gemsbok is awesome looking with the shield. Sent an email to find out if I can get one sent over with my stuff scheduled for this summer.

Wow that gemsbok is awesome looking with the shield. Sent an email to find out if I can get one sent over with my stuff scheduled for this summer.

It’s a big one too, horns are in the 47” range :rolleyes:

1641996564257.png

1641996694851.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross