Overpriced Reloading Components?

Newboomer,
I think your missing a zero on the quantity for the primers! Otherwise, they better be made of gold and handmade by you!
CEH
Right on. I was thinking of the real world price of around $25.00 per K. Need to rethink that. How " bout $ 5.00 a hundred? I do believe that is more realistic.
Newboomer,
I think your missing a zero on the quantity for the primers! Otherwise, they better be made of gold and handmade by you!
CEH

Went to Midway's website today, looking for 7mm Rem Mag ammo. I've bought some various types on Gun Broker recently, but decided to see if Midway had anything available. They list 66 variations of 7mm mag and they only had 1 option in stock and is it pricey!

1612480955203.png

Went to Midway's website today, looking for 7mm Rem Mag ammo. I've bought some various types on Gun Broker recently, but decided to see if Midway had anything available. They list 66 variations of 7mm mag and they only had 1 option in stock and is it pricey!

View attachment 387747
Insanity!

I was at a local gun forum asking to trade primers for Ramshot Hunter powder. A guy messaged me offering $150 per 1K of SPP. Sold him 5K. I might advertise for more at that price, didn't realize price had gone up so much.

I was at a local gun forum asking to trade primers for Ramshot Hunter powder. A guy messaged me offering $150 per 1K of SPP. Sold him 5K. I might advertise for more at that price, didn't realize price had gone up so much.
I guess if the powder was $150lb., it would even out? Ha! Ha!

Curious, I dug into my inventory of H4831 powder (never enough, by the way). Looking at an old price tag, I paid $25.00 for a pound. Now, if you can find it, its $135.00+. BTW, an excellent site for those firearms related items you can't find in stock elsewhere, check GunBroker.com. Just about everything is there, and for sale, but the prices! Oh my...

If people will pay it, it isn't overpriced. I just retired last week at the age of 41 by selling most of my ammo....
You must have had one heck of a lot of ammo! You must of been buying that since the last major ammunition shortage debacle when Obama was elected?

This is getting stupid. I ordered a Lee Classic Cast press from lgoutdoors on the 24th of Jan. I received an email today telling me my order was voided/cancelled but no explanation besides a statement at the bottom telling me it might be because a product is out of stock. Call them up and they tell me the standard line of "well the orders are picked in the order they're received" and when they got to yours we were out. There were supposedly four available when I ordered. Maybe they're just tired of answering phone calls but they didn't even offer an apology or solution like putting my order on backorder or putting me on a list to be notified when it's in stock or anything.

Order frustration rant aside, this panic is ridiculous. Who would have thought that even reloading presses would be as someone else put it, rare as hens teeth?

We should all be picking through out stash and offering stuff we don't need on the forum at reasonable prices. We can at least keep each other shooting without succumbing to the ridiculous price gouging that is going on.

This is getting stupid. I ordered a Lee Classic Cast press from lgoutdoors on the 24th of Jan. I received an email today telling me my order was voided/cancelled but no explanation besides a statement at the bottom telling me it might be because a product is out of stock. Call them up and they tell me the standard line of "well the orders are picked in the order they're received" and when they got to yours we were out. There were supposedly four available when I ordered. Maybe they're just tired of answering phone calls but they didn't even offer an apology or solution like putting my order on backorder or putting me on a list to be notified when it's in stock or anything.

Order frustration rant aside, this panic is ridiculous. Who would have thought that even reloading presses would be as someone else put it, rare as hens teeth?
@CJW
Just ring Lee direct and explain your situation I'm sure they would help.
I have done this and I live in Australia and have always found them very helpful and polite.
I have even ordered custom dies from them and had PROMPT service with a great product.
Bob

We should all be picking through out stash and offering stuff we don't need on the forum at reasonable prices. We can at least keep each other shooting without succumbing to the ridiculous price gouging that is going on.
+1

If people will pay it, it isn't overpriced. I just retired last week at the age of 41 by selling most of my ammo....

So when you file your taxes, do you get the favorable long term capital gains tax rate or the even more favorable, don't ask don't tell rate? Asking for a friend.

What has made this prolonged and severe shortage of everything firearm, ammo, components, etc. related has been the “perfect storm”. First, Covid shut down everything in March and fear/panic buying started. Then more panic/fear buying do to the widespread rioting here in the U.S. And now we have an anti gun President in office , so more of the same. We’ve gone through this panic buying and shortages several times before, but it was only before the uncertainty of a Presidential election. This now has been going on since last March! It’s no wonder there’s a severe shortage of everything. Just to put this time around in perspective?

Made the score of the year today when I answered an ad for some .375 bullets. The guy was trying to sell them by the box and I gave him a lump offer at under $20 a box and he took it. I feel like a king-until my wife gets home and finds out!

Made the score of the year today when I answered an ad for some .375 bullets. The guy was trying to sell them by the box and I gave him a lump offer at under $20 a box and he took it. I feel like a king-until my wife gets home and finds out!
Well, that's why I usually keep a little money in my ammo/components "slush" fund. I pay with USPS money orders, watch the tracking number and try to get to the mailbox or front porch (for ammo), before my wife does. I'm USUALLY successful that way, but if not, it's been MUCH easier to ask for forgiveness (diversion works) than it ever has been for me to get permission! But she does the same thing with her quilting stuff, just on a less expensive scale- usually. That's just for me, whatever works for you?

View attachment 387747
Sent an email to Midway a few days ago regarding this price gouging on ammo and bullets....Old Larry is taking advantage of the situation...got a reply..vendors are increasing their prices....BS...some of the Nosler bullets are 20 per cent over retail from Nosler and Swift bullets are absolutely criminally overpriced. Now I know why Larry always has such a smile on his face.

Sent an email to Midway a few days ago regarding this price gouging on ammo and bullets....Old Larry is taking advantage of the situation...got a reply..vendors are increasing their prices....BS...some of the Nosler bullets are 20 per cent over retail from Nosler and Swift bullets are absolutely criminally overpriced. Now I know why Larry always has such a smile on his face.
I'm sure Old Larry is, along with every other Larry, Moe and Curly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg