Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia, Canada BC, US- WY, CO and TX, Limpopo SA
It will not get any better anytime soon. I went on the Cabelas website in Calgary AB and all the ammo you want but can’t ship to the US..

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
1 pound of powder is going for well over $100 on GB. I'm watching 8 pounds of varget that's over $500 already.

Absolutely stupid of me to not buy more components months or years ago.
@CJW
At least we're only paying 65 dollars OZ for a pound.
Bob

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Can we ship powder? I’ve got some I could sell/trade at a reasonable price but I know nothing about shipping it.

JimP

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
Can we ship powder? I’ve got some I could sell/trade at a reasonable price but I know nothing about shipping it.

You can ship it but it has to be a ground type of shipping along with a hazmat fee paid.

Check with UPS before looking at selling it.

Justbryan

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
South Africa, New Zealand, USA, Canada,
Where can you buy components at a reasonable price? I just joined a local private gun club. I have been trying for months and now there are several memberships for sale. I need some brass, bullets, powder, primers. I don't want to overpay but many people are willing to pay up to 10 times the pre-covid street price.

I am not picky. I have lots of guns but running low on ammo. Don't want to stop shooting. My friends are not as generous as some of yours. They might rob my house and take my small stash of primers and powder while leaving my rifles, my wife's jewelry, and my valuables.

Wow, a few cases of primers are worth more than a Super Grade Model 70 rebarreled to a 404 Jeffery. Crazy.

I may have to start bow hunting again!

Justbryan

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
You can ship it but it has to be a ground type of shipping along with a hazmat fee paid.

Check with UPS before looking at selling it.
Sell locally to AH member. This would be the easiest. Many people on this site would drive a few hundred miles if it were the right powder at the right price.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Well I’ve got some powder in Bama if anyone is interested I’ll provide a list and I will sell it at regular pricing. This price gouging is ridiculous.

mdwest

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
I’m interested WAB.. and willing to pay whatever the shipping is

Fred Gunner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Some co-workers and I were discussing the best items to stockpile for a full societal breakdown...One suggestion was to buy gold coins to which a very wise member of the group said you can't eat gold...buy lead! Now Lead is worth more than gold!

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I went to cal ranch today for some animal food. The sporting good shelves were bare. Even the junk brands and obscure items were gone. There were only a dozen long guns still available. It was eerie and weird. I’m not needing anything but it was sooo crazy to see the emptiness!
Yeah it’s really crazy. You’d think from the last ammo/component shortage when everybody who bought everything available enough for two lifetimes, they’re would be something left this time around? Maybe some are on their second lifetime? Ha! Ha!

Justbryan

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Midway had the Redding Taylor dies for $199. Currently out of stock, but they’ll be back. That was an outrageous winning bid for those dies!
I will wait unless someone has 416 Taylor dies. Redding would be great.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I will wait unless someone has 416 Taylor dies. Redding would be great.
Oh someone will have them eventually at a reasonable price. I purchased mine awhile back from Midway. DON’T PANIC and succumb to the madness! Reload for and shoot something else for awhile. Something will eventually pop up, it always does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ToryBrumba

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.