Optics Advice From Experienced Elephant Hunters or Professional Hunters

This is quite interesting, would you mind posting the picture of the back of it for comparison?
D96D5EA9-AECB-4FF2-B0CF-02A9428C16B2.jpeg

You can clearly see there is no indication of a white lock or unlock painted symbol or directional arrow. You can also see that I dug out the silicone plug and tried turning the screw. Like I said it is a #1 hex tool. The supplied hex tool is a 1.5 that fits the L/R and U/D adjustment screws.

I bought it straight from Leica’s Outfitter program and it is the latest offering. Retailers will be getting the new model soon if not already getting them. Want to trade? Lol.

879C7ECB-341F-4076-84D8-B194E90DC1EE.jpeg
459E0471-C07F-40FB-A914-12B7C9B83B54.jpeg
957EF229-7F4A-42F0-8C22-8A952C57B7D9.jpeg

And there’s not another option to lock or unlock anything. I think they went from 90 to 114 clicks of adjustment and deleted the locking screw. Unfortunately for me, it’s not enough adjustment for my rifle.

That's very interesting. If the lock screw had been covered with silicone and the screw size changed not to match the adjustment screws then it does indeed seem like Leica decided this was not necessary. Would love to hear a comment from Leica regarding this.

Thank you Scott. Very interesting indeed.

Would you please also show the User Manual instructions that came with your unit? That will be quite interesting too :)

Well I’m in Dallas waiting to board the Qatar flight to Doha and then on to Joberg and Maun.

Got the Leica red dot sighted in about 1/4” low at 25yards and 3/4 high at 50 yards. Same for the scope. Everything is sorted!

Good luck on your hunt

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you receive the mount from Wayne? How does it compare?

I’m having a bit of an issue. I ran out of elevation adjustment on the Leica and the rifle shoots 1.75” low at 50 yards. The bridge must be on a much lower plane than the bore. Anybody have any ideas?
Wayne has mounted my Tempus on his QD and has sent it out but have not received it yet, its going on my 458 Lott AHR. Now that you put the Leica through the paces in Bots, What do you think?

Wayne has mounted my Tempus on his QD and has sent it out but have not received it yet, its going on my 458 Lott AHR. Now that you put the Leica through the paces in Bots, What do you think?
I’ve never used a red dot sight before so I can’t offer comparisons to other products. I liked that it’s simple to replace the battery, compared to some other red dot sights. It was easy to operate. I made a mental note to turn it on when I got off the truck and turn it off when back to the truck. Very simple. I found it to be faster and easier to use than open iron sights because you just point and shoot without having to line up a front and rear sight.

As you might have read, I ran out of travel with the vertical adjustment and had to use a shim to get the sight/gun to shoot higher. Please let me know if you experience this with Wayne’s base plate mount. I think I will switch to his if it works better for you.

After bore sighting I started at about 50 yards off the sticks, first shot was about 12 inches or so low, big hole in the wood near the ground, up 24 clicks and 2nd shot was about 4 inches high in the same line, 3rd shot after a couple clicks left and 8 down was about 2 inches high

This setup makes me excited to shoot the Lott off the Viper Flex sticks. whole setup weighs 8.8 lbs, not bad at all to shoot 500gr TSX at 2165fps. AHR quick detach mount is very well built as expected and I like how it leaves the whole area over the bolt open. I never ran out of elevation and did not check how much I had left. I have never had or looked at another reflex sight but I don't know how they could be any nicer than this Leica. Seems to track perfectly and the button for the dot is in a perfect spot to adjust brighter or lighter. Time will tell if it holds up on the Lott but I would guess it will last longer than me pulling the trigger on the Lott.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica87G

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross