Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
This is quite interesting, would you mind posting the picture of the back of it for comparison?
D96D5EA9-AECB-4FF2-B0CF-02A9428C16B2.jpeg

You can clearly see there is no indication of a white lock or unlock painted symbol or directional arrow. You can also see that I dug out the silicone plug and tried turning the screw. Like I said it is a #1 hex tool. The supplied hex tool is a 1.5 that fits the L/R and U/D adjustment screws.

I bought it straight from Leica’s Outfitter program and it is the latest offering. Retailers will be getting the new model soon if not already getting them. Want to trade? Lol.

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Hunted
Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
879C7ECB-341F-4076-84D8-B194E90DC1EE.jpeg
459E0471-C07F-40FB-A914-12B7C9B83B54.jpeg
957EF229-7F4A-42F0-8C22-8A952C57B7D9.jpeg

And there’s not another option to lock or unlock anything. I think they went from 90 to 114 clicks of adjustment and deleted the locking screw. Unfortunately for me, it’s not enough adjustment for my rifle.

Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
That's very interesting. If the lock screw had been covered with silicone and the screw size changed not to match the adjustment screws then it does indeed seem like Leica decided this was not necessary. Would love to hear a comment from Leica regarding this.

One Day...

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.huntershillsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Hunted
Europe, America, Canada, Africa
Thank you Scott. Very interesting indeed.

Would you please also show the User Manual instructions that came with your unit? That will be quite interesting too :)

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Hunted
Well I’m in Dallas waiting to board the Qatar flight to Doha and then on to Joberg and Maun.

Got the Leica red dot sighted in about 1/4” low at 25yards and 3/4 high at 50 yards. Same for the scope. Everything is sorted!

BourbonTrail

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunted
USA (AZ, KY, MO, NM, VA)
Good luck on your hunt

Last edited by a moderator:

MLindsay

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Good luck Scott. Does anyone know who he is hunting with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraDura

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?
tarbe wrote on PatrickMa Ward's profile.
Aha....I see you have a new Avatar!!

Nice bull!
flatwater bill wrote on KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
I hope your hunting season has started off well. I am coming to Namibia for the 7th time in late April of 2022. I am bringing two friends who have never hunted outside of the USA. I have several questions, but before I write them all, I will wait to see if you receive this. Please give a shout................................best regards.........................Bill...............Idaho, USA