on a lighter note...

Yes, this is a roundup, like those in Germany or the Czech Republic. We don't have very suitable conditions for stalking. Roe deer are hunted in the American way to the east, especially the Siberian roe deer, which is twice as large as the European one.
In general, jaegermeisters do not like rifles on round-up hunts, believing that this provokes long-range shooting at random and wounded game. The game does not stand still. In that hunt, which is in the photo, the guy shot the piglet with one shot, and then spent 7-8 bullets from his SVD roe deer until she dived into the washout. He could shoot without fear, because he was standing on the flank of the shooting line. The roe deer was rushing like a jet, and even jumps.
From arms, except double-barreled shotguns, all sorts of Italian and Turkish masterpieces, Beretta, Benelli, Huglu, etc. are now common.
“Jäegermeisters do not like rifles on round up hunts”? I thought you said in your previous post, that many of the hunters were using semi auto rifles? BTW, if you drink too much Jaegermeister you’ll forget your way home and end up in a ditch somewhere. Leave that stuff alone.

891E0E0E-C4FC-4A28-89E9-EC4D5161D88C.jpeg

Image1642946074.089860.jpg

In Krasnodar (this is the extreme south of European Russia), the record snow thickness is 41 cm. For the entire history of observations. Poor pheasants, they only feed from the ground.
Global warming is not to be trifled with.

Shotgun with slugs?
Some American states require straight walled cartridges for Deer hunting so most resort to shotgun. The 350 Legend was designed at least partly with this in mind to make a rifle legal for Deer. I think 45-70 was legal but might be more recoil than most hunters wanted to experience.
I'm sure some members have more info on this.

Some American states require straight walled cartridges for Deer hunting so most resort to shotgun. The 350 Legend was designed at least partly with this in mind to make a rifle legal for Deer. I think 45-70 was legal but might be more recoil than most hunters wanted to experience.
I'm sure some members have more info on this.
In terms of energy, this caliber (like 444 Marlin) is significantly inferior to 308 Win. True, the bullet is heavier and slower, which means the recoil is greater - but still - nothing much different from conventional calibers. Not Africa.

In terms of energy, this caliber (like 444 Marlin) is significantly inferior to 308 Win. True, the bullet is heavier and slower, which means the recoil is greater - but still - nothing much different from conventional calibers. Not Africa.
Frequently hunting caliber rules lack modern upgrades, like bullet construction for old calibers. The good ole 30-30 has been a major deer hunting cartridge mainly because of the handy lever action rifles but is not a real performer. Straight case rules may have originally aimed at forcing shotgun slugs for limiting bullet range but there are a plethora of straight walled cartridges these days. Not generally thought of as for African use.
A few years ago I hunted Coues Deer in AZ with a 375 KATN Mag because I didn't have anything smaller at the time. Never be under gunned in case of a charge. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemjhon405

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber