on a lighter note...

Yes, this is a roundup, like those in Germany or the Czech Republic. We don't have very suitable conditions for stalking. Roe deer are hunted in the American way to the east, especially the Siberian roe deer, which is twice as large as the European one.
In general, jaegermeisters do not like rifles on round-up hunts, believing that this provokes long-range shooting at random and wounded game. The game does not stand still. In that hunt, which is in the photo, the guy shot the piglet with one shot, and then spent 7-8 bullets from his SVD roe deer until she dived into the washout. He could shoot without fear, because he was standing on the flank of the shooting line. The roe deer was rushing like a jet, and even jumps.
From arms, except double-barreled shotguns, all sorts of Italian and Turkish masterpieces, Beretta, Benelli, Huglu, etc. are now common.
“Jäegermeisters do not like rifles on round up hunts”? I thought you said in your previous post, that many of the hunters were using semi auto rifles? BTW, if you drink too much Jaegermeister you’ll forget your way home and end up in a ditch somewhere. Leave that stuff alone.
 
891E0E0E-C4FC-4A28-89E9-EC4D5161D88C.jpeg
 
Image1642946074.089860.jpg
 
In Krasnodar (this is the extreme south of European Russia), the record snow thickness is 41 cm. For the entire history of observations. Poor pheasants, they only feed from the ground.
Global warming is not to be trifled with.
 
Shotgun with slugs?
Some American states require straight walled cartridges for Deer hunting so most resort to shotgun. The 350 Legend was designed at least partly with this in mind to make a rifle legal for Deer. I think 45-70 was legal but might be more recoil than most hunters wanted to experience.
I'm sure some members have more info on this.
 
Some American states require straight walled cartridges for Deer hunting so most resort to shotgun. The 350 Legend was designed at least partly with this in mind to make a rifle legal for Deer. I think 45-70 was legal but might be more recoil than most hunters wanted to experience.
I'm sure some members have more info on this.
In terms of energy, this caliber (like 444 Marlin) is significantly inferior to 308 Win. True, the bullet is heavier and slower, which means the recoil is greater - but still - nothing much different from conventional calibers. Not Africa.
 
In terms of energy, this caliber (like 444 Marlin) is significantly inferior to 308 Win. True, the bullet is heavier and slower, which means the recoil is greater - but still - nothing much different from conventional calibers. Not Africa.
Frequently hunting caliber rules lack modern upgrades, like bullet construction for old calibers. The good ole 30-30 has been a major deer hunting cartridge mainly because of the handy lever action rifles but is not a real performer. Straight case rules may have originally aimed at forcing shotgun slugs for limiting bullet range but there are a plethora of straight walled cartridges these days. Not generally thought of as for African use.
A few years ago I hunted Coues Deer in AZ with a 375 KATN Mag because I didn't have anything smaller at the time. Never be under gunned in case of a charge. :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,454
Messages
1,576,598
Members
170,606
Latest member
duka
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top