on a lighter note...

The price of lumber in the US has gone through the roof, plywood, 2x4s, etc, are roughly 1 1/2 times more expensive than it was before and no one knows why. Oh, and apparently it's not COVID related. :unsure:

Lumber is up almost 400% since this time last year.
 
Lumber industry blames it on hurricanes & floods all the way back to Katrina.
Certain locals have a residential housing boom as a result of sellers market, lack of houses for sale.
 
Lumber industry blames it on hurricanes & floods all the way back to Katrina.
Certain locals have a residential housing boom as a result of sellers market, lack of houses for sale.

That is happening where I live in GA, and we are having a shortage of houses for sale. The housing market is crazy here, 1800 sq ft home where selling for $175-180K at the beginning of the year. Same house by the same builder are going for about $230K now. In a month they jumped almost $20K. It's nuts.
 
yup

1620758086659.png
 
Now there is a shortage of qualified truck drivers so they expect gas shortages in the heavy recreation areas as people travel for the summer. AND there is a shortage of ketchup packets at fast food places. . .
But at least the sandwich store has a funny bathroom door indicator!
A480F9E7-72E6-475F-AD0D-5BA2A79CE864.jpeg
 
And what size of such house? And is it garage inside?
 
And what size of such house? And is it garage inside?
average house size in US is about 215 square meters. most new construction homes have 2-car garages as part of the house.
 
1620759659745.png
 
1620759972967.png
 
I work in the woods as a security contractor for three timber companies. All are logging like crazy.
 
I sent the attachment to my boss. His response is attached. Sad we cannot get people to take very good paying jobs due to bad public policy. This is not the political forum so I will not comment further here.
Screenshot_2021-05-11-18-59-26(1).png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,286
Messages
1,571,707
Members
169,399
Latest member
JulianePon
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top