on a lighter note...

174603411_2580213362275508_7100634271035707421_n.jpg

Not to condem those here who have used it but I cant stand the use of the word euthanize. Are we not adult enough use the work kill in its right context.

You’re euthanizing me Von Gruff. I’m sorry, killin’ me.

"Euthanize" is a medical term applied to mercy killing, applied to alleviate pain & suffering, hopefully as a better condition for the patient. "Kill" or "killing" is done to the second entity by and for the benefit of the first entity. Intent. This is language.

In animal control situations the dogs and cats etc. are killed. It is termed "euthanized" because it is accomplished by injection or gas in a supposedly clinical setting. It is also a socially acceptable term. It may alleviate some starvation, injury or discomfort to animals on the streets. But the major beneficiaries are the human residents of the community that do not have to deal with the inconvenience of cleaning up poop or entertaining large groups of suitors when their animals are in heat. The animals in the shelter would prefer to live.

Hunters generally do not euthanize their prey , they kill them for food, trophy or the experience, not necessarily in that order. Taking/killing a very old, limping, scarred & solitary bull or buck yields a storied trophy. Despite having danger or requiring stealth, this is when killing may cross the line to euthanasia. 1 shot. 6 shots is another whole thing....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,