on a lighter note...

174603411_2580213362275508_7100634271035707421_n.jpg
 
Not to condem those here who have used it but I cant stand the use of the word euthanize. Are we not adult enough use the work kill in its right context.

You’re euthanizing me Von Gruff. I’m sorry, killin’ me.
 
"Euthanize" is a medical term applied to mercy killing, applied to alleviate pain & suffering, hopefully as a better condition for the patient. "Kill" or "killing" is done to the second entity by and for the benefit of the first entity. Intent. This is language.

In animal control situations the dogs and cats etc. are killed. It is termed "euthanized" because it is accomplished by injection or gas in a supposedly clinical setting. It is also a socially acceptable term. It may alleviate some starvation, injury or discomfort to animals on the streets. But the major beneficiaries are the human residents of the community that do not have to deal with the inconvenience of cleaning up poop or entertaining large groups of suitors when their animals are in heat. The animals in the shelter would prefer to live.

Hunters generally do not euthanize their prey , they kill them for food, trophy or the experience, not necessarily in that order. Taking/killing a very old, limping, scarred & solitary bull or buck yields a storied trophy. Despite having danger or requiring stealth, this is when killing may cross the line to euthanasia. 1 shot. 6 shots is another whole thing....
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,907
Members
169,464
Latest member
Levergunsite
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top