Old Rookie

Welcome to AH Ed! Glad you found us.
 
Hi Ed, welcome to AH !
 
Ed,
Welcome to AH.com. We have an abundance of friends and family all around Texas. Are you anywhere near Groves?
 
...There is a story in there someplace.

Yes sir, there is. There are a lot more details, but here's the "Reader's Digest" version; I am from Alaska, my folks arrived in Juneau before Alaska became a state, and I lived there, in the Interior, and in Anchorage, where I "retired" in 2005. I moved to East Texas to a small ranch (by Texas standards) and have continued my hunting and fishing adventures down here while making the occasional trip back to Alaska.

Ed
 
Last edited:
...Are you anywhere near Groves?

Thank you, Dan!

No, I'm in North East Texas, about a 4.5 hour drive north of Groves. I have a couple of friends in and around Groves.

I get my mail through the post office of the booming metropolis of Gilmer, TX. I live about twenty minutes west of Gilmer, out in the country, down a one-and-a-half lane oil road, and my driveway is 1/4 mile long. I like being able to see the Milky Way on any clear night. :)

Ed
 
Welcome to AH!
 
APDDSNO864,

Welcome to the best forum.
Only just moments ago did I slow down and look properly at your screen name.
You are Knife Boy, from the good old Anchorage Metro days !
I'm your old co-worker, Aardvark.

I can't have that as my screen name because someone already has it (who never posts as far as I can tell), so I pulled the tag "Velo Dog" out of a goat's butt and now I'm stuck with it.
Anyway, glad you joined up.

Cheers,
Paul.
 
I am glad to be here. If it were not for a close friend sending me this link I would have not discovered this wonderful place.

I have never been to Africa, much less hunted there, but it has been a life-long dream of mine. I have hunted a lot of the North American game animals and have seen a number of African plains game on ranches in Texas and am looking forward to seeing them in their native habitat.

I am always trying to learn as I feel that if you're not learning, you're dying.

With that said, I will have many questions on this journey and hope to meet some of you in person.

Ed
From a Newbie to another,welcome enjoy the journey.
 
Welcome to the forum Ed! Glad to have you join the AH family.

If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to drop us a Personal Mail right here on the site, or drop a direct email.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,428
Members
169,566
Latest member
billfishes
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top