Old Rookie

Welcome to AH Ed! Glad you found us.

Hi Ed, welcome to AH !

Ed,
Welcome to AH.com. We have an abundance of friends and family all around Texas. Are you anywhere near Groves?

...There is a story in there someplace.

Yes sir, there is. There are a lot more details, but here's the "Reader's Digest" version; I am from Alaska, my folks arrived in Juneau before Alaska became a state, and I lived there, in the Interior, and in Anchorage, where I "retired" in 2005. I moved to East Texas to a small ranch (by Texas standards) and have continued my hunting and fishing adventures down here while making the occasional trip back to Alaska.

Ed

Last edited:
...Are you anywhere near Groves?

Thank you, Dan!

No, I'm in North East Texas, about a 4.5 hour drive north of Groves. I have a couple of friends in and around Groves.

I get my mail through the post office of the booming metropolis of Gilmer, TX. I live about twenty minutes west of Gilmer, out in the country, down a one-and-a-half lane oil road, and my driveway is 1/4 mile long. I like being able to see the Milky Way on any clear night. :)

Ed

Welcome to AH!

APDDSNO864,

Welcome to the best forum.
Only just moments ago did I slow down and look properly at your screen name.
You are Knife Boy, from the good old Anchorage Metro days !
I'm your old co-worker, Aardvark.

I can't have that as my screen name because someone already has it (who never posts as far as I can tell), so I pulled the tag "Velo Dog" out of a goat's butt and now I'm stuck with it.
Anyway, glad you joined up.

Cheers,
Paul.

I am glad to be here. If it were not for a close friend sending me this link I would have not discovered this wonderful place.

I have never been to Africa, much less hunted there, but it has been a life-long dream of mine. I have hunted a lot of the North American game animals and have seen a number of African plains game on ranches in Texas and am looking forward to seeing them in their native habitat.

I am always trying to learn as I feel that if you're not learning, you're dying.

With that said, I will have many questions on this journey and hope to meet some of you in person.

Ed
From a Newbie to another,welcome enjoy the journey.

Welcome to the forum Ed! Glad to have you join the AH family.

If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to drop us a Personal Mail right here on the site, or drop a direct email.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!