Old guy /new member

Bob, I don't know what health issues you have but I have a few myself. I can barely walk 200 yards and I'm going on my second African Safari in July at the age of 74. That trip is my 75 Birthday present. Don't count yourself out because you aren't a spry "young buck" anymore. What kind of hunting did you do in your younger years?
Welcome to AH.

Thanks for your communication. I completely understand your message.
Deer hunting in my home state, WV.
Got a blackie in Ontario, a 5x5 elk in Colorado (hunting alone, several times)
and boy was that a fiasco getting him out of the woods. I had a hip replacement 4 months prior and will never fully recover from it (had a different surgery on the hip a year before that). Got a smallish brownie 3 years ago in Alaska. Pulled the trigger on it on the only chance I had durying the 7th day of an 8 day hunt.
In closing I must say I'm proud of what you are doing.

Nothing but the best wishes for you, Bob

bas,
welcome.

regarding hunting africa, it is surprisingly affordable to hunt plains game if your list is not too large. there are some great outfitters on this site that can probably make you an offer you can't refuse.
I concede that you're smack on and the best of luck to you.
Bob

Bob, the thing I like best about hunting in Africa is that all you need to do is get into a position and or location to make the shot. Your PH, driver, trackers and skinners do all the "heavy lifting." Providing you are not bed ridden and have the desire to go, an African hunt could still be in your future. Like I told my outfitter, "some accommodations will have to be made, but as long as I enjoy the hunt so what?"

Reactions: Bas
Welcome to AH, don't let that dream go you might just make it to Africa for a hunt of a lifetime

Bob, the thing I like best about hunting in Africa is that all you need to do is get into a position and or location to make the shot. Your PH, driver, trackers and skinners do all the "heavy lifting." Providing you are not bed ridden and have the desire to go, an African hunt could still be in your future. Like I told my outfitter, "some accommodations will have to be made, but as long as I enjoy the hunt so what?"
I truly understand. If my situation improves you'll be my first contact . If convenient for you please send stories and pics about yourself.
Thanks, Bob

Will do, our hunt is in July. BTW I used to go to Summersville WV for Pistol Matches. Beautiful country around there. I can recall asking the Match Director if the local lawn mowers had four wheels or four feet? His reply was we have and use both.

Welcome sir!

I truly understand. If my situation improves you'll be my first contact . If convenient for you please send stories and pics about yourself.
Thanks, Bob
Bas, I admire your attitude. If you don't believe you can make it to Africa, then you can be bitter about that, or you can adopt a positive attitude, and enjoy it vicariously through the writings and musings of others. You've chosen the latter. Good for you. I hope you get a lot of joy out of reading the many interesting posts, and particularly the fascinating hunt reports on this site.

Will do, our hunt is in July. BTW I used to go to Summersville WV for Pistol Matches. Beautiful country around there. I can recall asking the Match Director if the local lawn mowers had four wheels or four feet? His reply was we have and use both.

Awesome! And true! Where do you call home ?

I live in Southeastern Michigan on an island (along with about 9,000 other folks) between the U.S. and Canada. The area is flat with virtually no hills at all.

That sounds like a better place to winter than here. But we don't have to deal with lake effect snow.

Actually the lake effect snow is to the South of us. Northern Ohio gets clobbered. I think I used my snow blower 4 times this past winter. Not to say that we never get a lot of snow because on occasion we get a lot of it. Several years ago the Detroit area received 96" breaking a record over 100 years old. That year I had to buy a two stage snow blower. At one time the snow in our front yard was over my wife's head, she is 5'2".

Actually the lake effect snow is to the South of us. Northern Ohio gets clobbered. I think I used my snow blower 4 times this past winter. Not to say that we never get a lot of snow because on occasion we get a lot of it. Several years ago the Detroit area received 96" breaking a record over 100 years old. That year I had to buy a two stage snow blower. At one time the snow in our front yard was over my wife's head, she is 5'2".

Wow !

Hi Bob, welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois