Obscure hunts

Hmmm, going to Australia and shooting something that is not a farm animal.
@shark_za
There's plenty to hunt that aren't farm animals, we have 6 species of deer and camel.
Big problem is all our borders are closed to people from overseas at the moment.
Bob.

CoElkHunter
Mate you are not armed well enough the eat monometals for breakfast you may want to try titanium.
Bob
Bob,
Your right! Titanium would be lighter too, so higher velocity. The only question remaining is which type of scope? Fixed, variable, illuminated reticle, red dot, etc.?
CEH

Bob,
Your right! Titanium would be lighter too, so higher velocity. The only question remaining is which type of scope? Fixed, variable, illuminated reticle, red dot, etc.?
CEH
@CoElkHunter
I would choose a fixed power variable with an illuminated red dot. The higher velocity with the titanium is the way to go. If you get a politician to go with you you could get even more velocity because of their blowhard capabilities. Just make sure it's one that backs hunting and importation of trophies.
Bob.

I don’t know if someone has already mentioned this but I saw on an old Jim Shockey video when he was in Cameroon, he went after a python. Seems like an interesting obscure hunt to consider.

I don’t know if someone has already mentioned this but I saw on an old Jim Shockey video when he was in Cameroon, he went after a python. Seems like an interesting obscure hunt to consider.
No need to travel to Africa for that! Florida probably has more pythons than Africa?

I was also thinking about Shockey’s show Uncharted when he went to Papua New Guinea for deer and buffalo IIRC. I think it was early in the first season. Looked like an awesome experience

I was also thinking about Shockey’s show Uncharted when he went to Papua New Guinea for deer and buffalo IIRC. I think it was early in the first season. Looked like an awesome experience

Uncharted is a great show, plenty of obscure hunts on that show.

No need to travel to Africa for that! Florida probably has more pythons than Africa?

True, me and my brother have been wanting to go to Florida and hunt for some. Get some of the bounty money.

I hunted Muskox in Greenland.
Muskox.
You don't hear a lot of people who have hunted them.
From what I understand, shot placement is extremely difficult.
Hard to judge the body with all that hair covering it.

I'm doing this after the Wuhan virus settles down. A friend recommended it to me, said he had a blast shooting them with blowguns and darts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 10.26.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 10.26.17 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 10.26.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 10.26.20 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
I'm doing this after the Wuhan virus settles down. A friend recommended it to me, said he had a blast shooting them with blowguns and darts.

Now THAT is really cool! Between the iguanas and pythons, Florida’s non native invasive fauna is out of control! Blowguns, pellet guns, spears, etc., what’s not to like? I wonder if their edible?

Now THAT is really cool! Between the iguanas and pythons, Florida’s non native invasive fauna is out of control! Blowguns, pellet guns, spears, etc., what’s not to like? I wonder if their edible?
Yep, edible. Natives eat them south of the border.

Walrus penis probably requires you go European on the taxidermy.......

Tur hunting in Azerbaijan was my trip for last June, cancelled of course....but sort of obscure.....FWB

I've just begun researching a hunt for wild wood bison. Pretty exotic, and within a couple days driving distance.

Don’t know if this counts but we can offer things such as Bongo, Mahrkor, kangaroo, and a whole slew over others here in Texas.

Can you get a walrus for the stock tank?

What are some of the most unknown hunts out there? The more I look into different hunts around the world, I seem to find some other hunt that looks like it would be a cool experience or a cool trophy. Are there any animals out there that stay out of public eye due to rarity, price, difficulty, etc?
Many. If you can go to the SCI convention you will be totally amazed!

You don't have to go to Alaska for that hunt. Utah has two totally wild bison hunts in the state.

The only problem is drawing the tag in either of them
You can also go to Custer State Park in South Dakota. It is 71,000 acres and has a self-sustaining herd. It used to be the only place in the lower 48 from which B&C would accept entries. Unfortunately, the price has gone way up ($6,000) from when I hunted there in 2000 and it has become much harder to draw a tag. They do both trophy hunts and cull hunts ($3,256).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross