New

Hi All

Been lurking here for a while. Biggest thing I have ever hunted is rabbit :). I live in South Africa and have just bought a .500 Jeff. My intention is to become a field guide on retirement :oops:.
@Beethoven
Welcome aboard mate. If the biggest thing you have hunted is rabbit then that 500Jeff is going to light your eyes up when you touch it off.
Bob
 
Giday Beethoven and welcome to the A H forums. That is quite a jump from rabbit rifle the the 500 Jeff.
Yeah, he'll need to use solids in the Jeff for the rabbits. Barnes banded, CEBs or Woodleighs probably would be in order?
 
Welcome aboard Beethoven. From hunting nothing but rabbit to a 500 Jeffery is quite a jump. I'd like to hear the story / background behind your purchasing it. As Brickburn stated, you should probably get a smaller caliber rifle to gain shooting proficiency, I'd suggest something like a 9.3 x 62 in addition to the 22 LR that you mentioned. When are you planning to retire?
 
Hi All

Been lurking here for a while. Biggest thing I have ever hunted is rabbit :). I live in South Africa and have just bought a .500 Jeff. My intention is to become a field guide on retirement :oops:.
Awesome!! never to late to fulfill a dream. Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here!
My very best always.
Jaco Strauss
 
Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,195
Members
169,273
Latest member
fuddniforra1984
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top