New member

Ka'imiloa

New member
Joined
Jan 1, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
8
I'm Ka'imiloa in Arizona, USA. Ran across an excellent thread from about 2016 on this forum today, about loading for BPE rifles and the occasional one re-proofed for nitro loads. Made me decide to join. Have hunted in Africa in S.A., using Pedersoli British Sporting Rifle repro in .45, and later in Zim -- using a .500 X 3" BPE double for Cape Buff and .375 H&H for L. Eland and Sable. Have had lots of experience measuring, restoring, loading for and regulating ten .450 and .500 BPEs, plus an H&H 12 bore Paradox. Love the fine old British ML and BP-cartridge firearms. Lifelong hunter, and wife is my hunting buddy, immune to recoil and with considerable game to her own credit !
Aloha, Ka'imiloa
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome to AH Ka'imiloa!
 
I'm Ka'imiloa in Arizona, USA. Ran across an excellent thread from about 2016 on this forum today, about loading for BPE rifles and the occasional one re-proofed for nitro loads. Made me decide to join. Have hunted in Africa in S.A., using Pedersoli British Sporting Rifle repro in .45, and later in Zim -- using a .500 X 3" BPE double for Cape Buff and .375 H&H for L. Eland and Sable. Have had lots of experience measuring, restoring, loading for and regulating ten .450 and .500 BPEs, plus an H&H 12 bore Paradox. Love the fine old British ML and BP-cartridge firearms. Lifelong hunter, and wife is my hunting buddy, immune to recoil and with considerable game to her own credit !
Aloha, Ka'imiloa
Welcome! I've got a H&H 12 bore Paradox that came with a few loads. I've shot a few but haven't reloaded any yet. Fun piece!
 
Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board.
 
Good day! Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Greetings Ka’imiloa,

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I too am fascinated with vintage firearms and related equipment.
The rifle in my avatar was an Army & Navy marked, .450 No2 NE hammer gun, 28” barrels, Jones under lever, etc., etc.
It may have been built by J. Manton, as I have seen a pretty much identical one but in .470 NE, marked J. Manton, etc.

Well anyway, glad you joined.
I’ll be looking for more from you about some of your rifles and your hunting reports as well.
(Also, photographs are worth their weight in gold around here).

Aloha for now,
Velo Dog.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4921.png
    IMG_4921.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4731.png
    IMG_4731.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4704.png
    IMG_4704.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3778.png
    IMG_3778.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_6718.png
    IMG_6718.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 104
I'm Ka'imiloa in Arizona, USA. Ran across an excellent thread from about 2016 on this forum today, about loading for BPE rifles and the occasional one re-proofed for nitro loads. Made me decide to join. Have hunted in Africa in S.A., using Pedersoli British Sporting Rifle repro in .45, and later in Zim -- using a .500 X 3" BPE double for Cape Buff and .375 H&H for L. Eland and Sable. Have had lots of experience measuring, restoring, loading for and regulating ten .450 and .500 BPEs, plus an H&H 12 bore Paradox. Love the fine old British ML and BP-cartridge firearms. Lifelong hunter, and wife is my hunting buddy, immune to recoil and with considerable game to her own credit !
Aloha, Ka'imiloa

Welcome to AH from a fellow desert dweller!
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome to AH from Grahamstown, South Africa.
Glad you have you on board.
Best regards
Marius
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,435
Messages
1,576,124
Members
170,518
Latest member
LamarKovac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top