Oh that’s great, I’m down in casper. Born and raised
I pass through all the time. I’m partial to the Ale House, and try to time my travels correctly.

I grew up down around Encampment. There are a bunch of us from Wyoming on this site. There is an abundance of information here as well.

I pass through all the time. I’m partial to the Ale House, and try to time my travels correctly.

I grew up down around Encampment. There are a bunch of us from Wyoming on this site. There is an abundance of information here as well.
I like that place too. Our restaurants have gotten better over the years. Your part of the state is underrated in my opinion. I’m learning that, I’m in the “read everything and learn” so I think this will be perfect for me

Welcome to AH. This is a great site to learn from other's experience.

Welcome aboard mxgust. What make and caliber rifles do you own? Do you reload? Hunting Africa is an absolute blast!! It's not like anything you've done before. Not only do you have your choice of animals, you can pick your terrain as well.

Welcome to the dark side, the enablers here will have you booking that safari sooner than you may think.

Welcome aboard mxgust. What make and caliber rifles do you own? Do you reload? Hunting Africa is an absolute blast!! It's not like anything you've done before. Not only do you have your choice of animals, you can pick your terrain as well.
I do reload. My everyday hunting rifle is a bergara b14 300 WM. These days I pretty much use that for everything. I have an old browning a-bolt 7mm wsm that I grew up with and a few other 270-7mm from various manufacturers that I go back and forth with my dad. Plus some plinkers. I bow hunt a lot here as well but probably wouldn’t try and do that in Africa. No medium to big bores yet but that will change at some point

Welcome to AH. Planning is half the fun! Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting. Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

welcome welcome welcome

Mostly Elk, Mule deer and pronghorn. I’m in Wyoming, so occasionally an opportunity comes up for another species but that makes up the majority. As for species in Africa, I’m not sure yet! Most likely a plains game trip first, but I’m still at the point where I want to see it all. Kudu (like all other first timers I’m sure) and zebra interest me a lot, but so do almost any of other the antelope species. I have a friend who has been on several trips so I lean into his advice a bit and would probably end up going with him
Hi mxgust and welcome to the site! It might be a great idea travelling with a friend as you could look into two on one packages and end up saving a bit of money. Enjoy the site!

Kind Regards
Aj Fourie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!