New Member Here!

Giday Rubi and welcome to the A H forums

Actually, I'm not a hunter! LOL! But, I do go with my husband. I love being in Idaho's backcountry as long as Rick can keep me warm and fed...which is no problem. There is always a little wood stove in our tents and I keep it cranking (almost burnt the tent down one night when I forgot to close the damper). This year we hunted with a friend who guides (Rick traded) so we were able to go on horseback. That is especially WONDERFUL. We rode 15 miles on trails like "Never again switchback" and finally got to an amazing high-mountain meadow...aptly named Paradise Meadow. We saw lots of elk sign, set up camp, bugled and just before dark had one return a short weird sounding bugle. Went back to camp to cook ....all excited for the next day. Less than an hour later, a whole pack of wolves started howling. We listened for three hours as they moved closer and closer to the meadow. They were there by morning (saw tracks but never saw them). Needless to say, it ended our hunt. Elk will not bugle with wolves in the area. I joke that that weird bugle we heard was the elk trying to tell us to "shut the frank up!" We called the wolves right to us.
That sounds amazing even without getting an elk. It must've been an eerie feeling knowing you called wolves into your area LOL. I love horseback riding so hunting off them and riding through the mountains sounds like a dream!

Hi Everyone,

I just joined and wanted to say hello!

I've been reading the site for the last couple weeks and finally decided to join. This website has been a wealth of knowledge from my little bit of time spent on here and I am looking forward to learning more.

I am mainly an upland hunter wanting to hunt Africa in the coming years and need to start learning. Love collecting guns mainly English stuff, shotguns and nice rifles.

Welcome to AH!

Hi Everyone,

I just joined and wanted to say hello!

I've been reading the site for the last couple weeks and finally decided to join. This website has been a wealth of knowledge from my little bit of time spent on here and I am looking forward to learning more.

I am mainly an upland hunter wanting to hunt Africa in the coming years and need to start learning. Love collecting guns mainly English stuff, shotguns and nice rifles.
Welcome to AH! As already reported, the once in a lifetime hunt to Africa will turn into a "2nd once in a lifetime hunt", then a "third once in a lifetime hunt", then a........ I think you get the drift.

:S Welcome: to AH!

Welcome!! Sure glad to have you here!!

:S Welcome:

welcome to AH! this site is a wealth of knowledge! enjoy!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.