New member from NC

Christian Davis

AH senior member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
75
Reaction score
218
Location
North Carolina
Media
1
I should probably begin my introduction by thanking the members of this forum for all of the information and "entertainment" I have enjoyed as a long time lurker. Thus far it has helped me to take the baby step of ordering a Win. M70 Safari Express in .375.

A little info: I'm from NC, born and bred, went to NC State, and have truly dreamed of hunting Africa for longer than I can remember. I particularly enjoy reading Africana, cutting my teeth on Capstick and Ruark, and moving on to J. A. Hunter, Brian Herne, Robin Hurt and so many others. For now, my hunting is limited to whitetails and turkey on our small farm. My dream is a buff/pg or *maybe* a buff/leopard hunt. I like the idea of a BVC or Klaserie/Timbavati type situation, but am very open to alternatives since I'm still in the dreaming phase anyway haha. Many thanks to all the outfitters that post here regularly, especially @KWALATA SAFARIS and @KMG Hunting Safaris, for sharing your great knowledge of the industry, and for your transparency in doing so. Looking forward to participating some in the discussions!
 
Welcome aboard from a fellow Tarheel!
 
Welcome! Great choice in reading materials. Been through NC many times, beautiful country there and great BBQ - sauce is a bit different tho….
 
Welcome!! Hopefully Marius and myself can provide some more entertainment!!
Looking forward to many chats!

my best
Jaco
 
Welcome to AH Christian! Glad you made it to the posting side.
 
Welcome to AH Christian, Africa will be ready for you, there is a nice vibe going on the the hunting industry over here thanks to you guys all coming over.
 
Welcome, spent a summer in Durham back in the 80’s and did a little hunting and fishing on the coast in the early 2000’s. Great diversity in NC for the outdoorsman.
 
Hello Christian Davis,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Paul Ard (Velo Dog).
 
I should probably begin my introduction by thanking the members of this forum for all of the information and "entertainment" I have enjoyed as a long time lurker. Thus far it has helped me to take the baby step of ordering a Win. M70 Safari Express in .375.

A little info: I'm from NC, born and bred, went to NC State, and have truly dreamed of hunting Africa for longer than I can remember. I particularly enjoy reading Africana, cutting my teeth on Capstick and Ruark, and moving on to J. A. Hunter, Brian Herne, Robin Hurt and so many others. For now, my hunting is limited to whitetails and turkey on our small farm. My dream is a buff/pg or *maybe* a buff/leopard hunt. I like the idea of a BVC or Klaserie/Timbavati type situation, but am very open to alternatives since I'm still in the dreaming phase anyway haha. Many thanks to all the outfitters that post here regularly, especially @KWALATA SAFARIS and @KMG Hunting Safaris, for sharing your great knowledge of the industry, and for your transparency in doing so. Looking forward to participating some in the discussions!

Welcome to AH!
 
I spent a few years in NC and still have a couple rifles I obtained from an old friend that lived in Concord. “Big Frank” the .300 wm still one of my favorite rifles. Good luck with future dreaming, time to move on to the planning part!
 
I should probably begin my introduction by thanking the members of this forum for all of the information and "entertainment" I have enjoyed as a long time lurker. Thus far it has helped me to take the baby step of ordering a Win. M70 Safari Express in .375.

A little info: I'm from NC, born and bred, went to NC State, and have truly dreamed of hunting Africa for longer than I can remember. I particularly enjoy reading Africana, cutting my teeth on Capstick and Ruark, and moving on to J. A. Hunter, Brian Herne, Robin Hurt and so many others. For now, my hunting is limited to whitetails and turkey on our small farm. My dream is a buff/pg or *maybe* a buff/leopard hunt. I like the idea of a BVC or Klaserie/Timbavati type situation, but am very open to alternatives since I'm still in the dreaming phase anyway haha. Many thanks to all the outfitters that post here regularly, especially @KWALATA SAFARIS and @KMG Hunting Safaris, for sharing your great knowledge of the industry, and for your transparency in doing so. Looking forward to participating some in the discussions!
Welcome to AH
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,412
Members
169,354
Latest member
MarionMcCl
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top