New guy /Lion Safari inquiry

You got any paperwork to that effect?

I did a lion hunt earlier this summer and my cameraman didn’t carry a rifle. I know he had a Glock 9mm while in town but can’t recall if he was carrying it on him while filming the hunt.

Additionally while on an elephant hunt, a different cameraman wasn’t carrying a firearm. There were 3 PH’s all with .458 Lotts though ….

I’m thinking your hunt is in RSA since you mention group hunt. If this is the case, your PH is likely trying to get you to bring a gun so he can try to convince you to hunt. I’d suggest not bringing a rifle if you don’t plan on hunting to avoid the importation and travel hurdles + lugging a rifle and camera equipment around the airport and field will be a hassle. If your friend is hunting in RSA and hasn’t booked yet I can give you the name of a PH who doesn’t have this requirement, and I assure you, you’ll have an amazing time with.

I did a lion hunt earlier this summer and my cameraman didn’t carry a rifle. I know he had a Glock 9mm while in town but can’t recall if he was carrying it on him while filming the hunt.
It was probably more dangerous in town than on the lion hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomoha

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.