NAMIBIA: Namibia Chapter Two

Safe travels and great hunting for spots number 2!!!

Good luck Charlie, have fun and enjoy yourself.

Just tagging in to see how the hunt is coming along!

Hunt is going well very limited access to WIFi and it is not strong! Will have a great deal to share and explain in a few days!

Hunt is going well very limited access to WIFi and it is not strong! Will have a great deal to share and explain in a few days!
Well get with it man -- remember that we're all living vicariously through you!

Meanwhile though, enjoy the hunt.

Folks I have made it to Johannesburg and am now sitting in the Slow Lounge for a bit waiting for Delta 201 to board. I have had an absolutely amazing hunt with Pieter Delport Eintracht Jagd Safaris and I very much look forward to updating your on results. Tonights flight will be about 15 .5 hours just to Atlanta. Short layover and then on to Kansas City.

Good to hear. Can't wait for the report. Safe travels :D Pop Popcorn:

I got into Johannesburg on the evening of the 29th of April and spent the night with a very good friend who lives there. Anna with RiflePermits.com awaited me at the SAPs office with permit in hand. I also used the VIP meet and greet service which is well worth the extra dollar or two. I wish I had done this on the return trip as I waited 1.5 hours in the Passport control line. Come to find out they did not get paid and so it was a work slowdown. I was treated like a family uncle and had a great nights sleep after a scrumptious bri. The following morning bright and early it was off to the airport for the AirLink flight to Windhoek. Gun check in was easy really but it is a pay extra deal on AirLink and your ammo has to be in a case by itself outside of your luggage. The 1 hour 40 minute flight was uneventful. Getting through passport control didn’t take long and Pieter was waiting in arrivals for me.
you go outside to a police window to get your permit at no charge and the officers were very friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to your report.

Landed in Atlanta about 25 minutes early this morning. With Global entry passport control is easy. My gun case came up first and I was first in line to have border patrol check the 4457. In and out pretty fast. Then the TSA guy at the recheck baggage area wanted to open the case and take every last item out to wipe down with the explosive swab. All good then back through a TSA screen to head to the gate on B concourse. Only sat about 30 minutes until boarding so time wise everything worked out just right.
29 total hours of travel and layover and I made back to Kansas City. Amazingly my gun case was already in the Delta oversized baggage office even before the main luggage bag made it to the carousel. My wife was already there and so it was off to my favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch. I missed that while in Namibia. Now for a shower and a nap.
Did I mention I took a nap every day in Namibia from 1 to 3? Can you say relaxing hunting environment?

Glad your back home safe and sound.

Welcome home Charlie! Looking forward to rest of the tale :)

And I'm sure @Just Gina wants to hear it retold in person at SCI next winter, she will listen intently while munching her Kale Salad;)

Welcome home Charlie. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Welcome home Charlie! Looking forward to rest of the tale :)

And I'm sure @Just Gina wants to hear it retold in person at SCI next winter, she will listen intently while munching her Kale Salad;)
I look forward to discussing in person with Gina but she need not worry about me trying to share that Kale salad with her,

IMG_9110.jpeg
IMG_9112.jpeg
IMG_9113.jpeg
The new Kansas City airport is so much nicer than the old three terminal setup with limited services.Now there are several restaurants and the brand new Delta Club. So after check in I hung out there until time to board for Atlanta. @PHOENIX PHIL if you get stuck in this one you will have a better time for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamer44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?