Namibia: Men escape elephant attack unhurt

NamStay

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,731
Media
108
Articles
292
Source: Informanté FB page


Marthina Mutanga
TWO men managed to escape an elephant attack unharmed over the weekend near Farm Makaria in Khorixas, Kunene region.
The driver, identified as Kaehepere Uarije, was traveling in his vehicle with a passenger when an elephant with a calf charged towards them on Saturday at around 14h00.
Namibian Police Chief Inspector at Khorixas Theophelus Iipinge confirmed the incident, adding that Uarije, who is a teacher by profession but farms at Farm Makaria, was driving a silver GWM bakkie.
Iipinge further noted that Uarije’s vehicle was terribly damaged by the elephant, but that he and his passenger both managed to escape without any serious injuries.
Environment ministry spokesperson, Romeo Muyunda, said cases of human-wildlife conflict continue to occur across the country especially because of the prevailing drought.
Khorixas remains the hardest hit in terms of human-wildlife conflict incidents.

CLOSE SHAVE: A vehicle belonging to a teacher was damaged by an elephant over the weekend

72326109_2525905027476442_6008573193139257344_o.jpg
73399876_2525905010809777_6183670312488402944_o.jpg
74579087_2525905024143109_8823205376926154752_o.jpg
 
Yowza!
 
Man!
 
That would not be fun.
Bruce
 
Very lucky....
 
That’s crazy! All we have to worry about is deer or elk.
 
If those two holes are from tusks that was a little too close.
 
Yikes! I’d probably need a change of underwear after that and feel lucky I survived!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,422
Members
169,356
Latest member
BrentonSco
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top