NAMIBIA: BOWHUNT: Africa Is Not For Sissies Hunting With Otjandaue Hunting Safaris

congrats on the hunt sir, well done

Great report. Congrats on your hunt!

Nothing like bowhunting Africa.

Did you shoot any of the big animals with the toxic head??

Did you shoot any of the big animals with the toxic head??
Just the impala. After the impala, I was worried about its performance.

Thanks for the report, glad you had a great time!

Namibia is a beautiful country. The pictures take me back.

Gemsbok are tough and I feel for you with the shot. Your guts drop out.
Running through that bush would certainly be a lesson.

The magic trick with the Steenbok was a good one. Nothing like distraction to help a stalk. Nice job to get in that close..

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.

Congratulations on your bow hunt.

ps. sad for your buddy on the equipment side. That is a good lesson for anyone reading this report.

Namibia is a beautiful country. The pictures take me back.

Gemsbok are tough and I feel for you with the shot. Your guts drop out.
Running through that bush would certainly be a lesson.

The magic trick with the Steenbok was a good one. Nothing like distraction to help a stalk. Nice job to get in that close..

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.

Congratulations on your bow hunt.

ps. sad for your buddy on the equipment side. That is a good lesson for anyone reading this report.
Thanks Brickburn.

Yes, it was a hard lesson for my buddy. I believe equipment should be thoroughly tested before put to use. In this case, a little dust or dirt caused his QAD drop away rest to completely fail.

Now that we're home, he's sending the rest and broadheads back to QAD with a nice letter. Then he's going to get a ripcord or Hamskea like I have.

Congrats, the pictures are excellent. I would love a dik dik!

Congrats, the pictures are excellent. I would love a dik dik!
Roy has them, but I don't know how a person could ever spot them in that thick bush. I just got lucky.

Actually, those two were so curious about the shutter noise from my nikon SLR, that they walked right up to me. 10 yards! Of course, I joked with Roy that it had to be the female up front to pose for the camera. Ha!

Also, I'd like to comment that we didn't try to stage the game photos to make the animals look "huge" as I've seen in so many Africa game pictures. John and I both put our hands on those animals or were within arms reach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.