My wife is wanting to attend some Christmas markets in Europe in December. Where can I hunt in December?

Roebuck in Dezember = all mature bucks have had lost their horns in Dezember …
Germany/Austria/Czech Republic can be an interesting Roundtrip for you = easy doable with rental car = and lots Christmas markets big ones in the city’s and smaller ones but more cosy/familiar and more traditional in a lot of small towns and villages …
Hunting for Chamois (only Austria) and red deer/fellow deer/wildboars/muflon and sikka deer (only Czech Rep.) - especially for realy big Muflon is Czech Rep. well known!!!
if you need more help/info let me know…

Roebuck in Dezember = all mature bucks have had lost their horns in Dezember …
Germany/Austria/Czech Republic can be an interesting Roundtrip for you = easy doable with rental car = and lots Christmas markets big ones in the city’s and smaller ones but more cosy/familiar and more traditional in a lot of small towns and villages …
Hunting for Chamois (only Austria) and red deer/fellow deer/wildboars/muflon and sikka deer (only Czech Rep.) - especially for realy big Muflon is Czech Rep. well known!!!
if you need more help/info let me know…
That sounds like a fun road trip! Which Chamois is that in Austria?

… alpine chamois - Trophies and Dezember impressions

D917012C-515E-4953-8E10-1A100DA1631C.jpeg
E8276DE6-C745-4288-9CF3-8FB1B882F294.jpeg
FD37DDDA-0FE0-4434-8DBC-A12B43AA4837.jpeg
29871412-A357-4D34-B4DB-4148B714D3B4.jpeg
20E08FDB-15E3-40E7-BED7-8EC63DF72C89.jpeg
8FD99C05-8745-44DE-8098-9E5B6C700FBF.jpeg
052913CF-38A1-479C-8A7C-0E4F9F90C4CD.jpeg
F5DAB448-94E5-4156-A12D-54949D4400D6.jpeg
FB1B8A94-D96F-4562-9844-A74904471E8A.jpeg
E6D47104-09CA-473D-9895-56CC5D610F78.jpeg
15F134AB-ECDF-4B68-B424-9EE18AA76EDE.jpeg
7294D0EA-AFF4-468C-A479-C305000F653F.jpeg
F078D589-2536-41C4-A27A-D4B0CB2F8156.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would look into Poland. Either for boar, driven hunt, or small game hunting. Unfortunately roe buck have already lost their antlers. Poland has been my favorite European country to hunt because (at least where I hunted) the club and non-commercial type atmosphere. Hunting roe buck in summer, I was guided by different club members everyday who were really excited to be out hunting and then had a very nice dinner at end of the hunt at club president’s home with all the members I hunted with during the week. Really great overall experience. I was only about 45 minutes from Warsaw.

Chamois hunt ends in Austria 15. Dez. - Most of our well known Christmas markets (Salzburg/Innsbruck/Vienna) starts last week in November = an Idea of mine = starting Munich or Nürnberg go to Innsbruck - will organize a chamois hunt for you - than travel Salzburg/Vienna - Finnish trip with a driven hunt for wildboars or late season hunt for red deer or fellow deer …
I agree with Austria

I have done Austria and have several chamois. The wild boar, mouflon, and Sika deer in Czech Republic capture my attention. I have none of the above mounts and the Prague Christmas would be interesting and close to German markets also.

So, anybody have a guide recommendation for Czech Republic.

I can give you details of an outfitter in Hungary. They are about 45 mins from Budapest. Also, has an interesting hunting museum too.

You can hunt Chinese Water Deer and Muntjac in England and only an hour outside of London. If you want some information let me know and I would be happy to help.

Hungary. Besides the Xmas markets, Budapest has many things worth to be seen:
-St. Stephen cathedral
-Honvedelmy museum (Army museum)
and many other places and monument.
Moreover, in Hungary boar (driven of from the high seat) is open all year round, while mouflon and fallow close on Feb. 28.
Mouflon and boar can be hunted on the hills near Budapest, leaving Milady free to see around or do some shopping (e.g. Herend pottery).
Many hunting agencies rent rifles to foreign guests.

I would suggest Brno (Czech Republic) - Vienna (Austria) - Budapest (Hungary). 3 countries, 350 km with train or car. Brno is smaller, more pleasant and less touristy than Prague. There are nice markets, handicrafts. And most importantly - Brno rifles come from there :D
Similar hunting conditions - Lowlands. Alternatively, instead of Budapest - the Austrian Alps as @pimes wrote.
There is no Roe buck season in December in Central Europe. They change antlers, they don't have any. Wild boar driven hunt and small game are typical for december, a big mouflon ram from Czech Republic as well.

@pimes - Wenn ich groß und reich bin, melde ich mich, sehr schöne Fotos!

You can hunt Chinese Water Deer and Muntjac in England and only an hour outside of London. If you want some information let me know and I would be happy to help.
I'd greatly appreciate it if you could send some info my way. CWD and Muntjac are high on my list at present.

We are touring Prague, Budapest, Salzburg and Vienna in December. Any gun shops we should visit in those cities?

Roe Deer and Whitetail are also possible in Finland at that time - but it will not be anywhere near the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi.

I wonder what she expects of a great Christmas Market...
Roe deer do not have antlers at that time.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 6.49.00 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 6.49.00 AM Large.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 6.49.01 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 6.49.01 AM Large.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 6.49.03 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 6.49.03 AM Large.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 6.49.05 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 6.49.05 AM Large.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: WAB
For markets I like Strasbourg and Düsseldorf. Strasbourg has you right on the Alsace wine road and boar hunting in Germany. The Christmas markets are loads of fun

We are touring Prague, Budapest, Salzburg and Vienna in December. Any gun shops we should visit in those cities?
If you visit Germany:

• New Frankonia Flagshipstore

• FRANKONIA Flagship-Store
  • Am Reißbach 1
  • 97228 Rottendorf

I'm going to be following this with some interest as my wife needs to go do the same thing;) Although I'm not holding out to go hunting. Hopefully it works out to tour the JD or Claas factories in Germany on the same trip :)
Hi,
if you visit Claas how about a visit of the Krone Factory
https://www.krone-agriculture.com/en/products

you can also check this christmas market
https://waldweihnachtsmarkt.com
https://www.deutsche-weihnachtsmaerkte.de/weihnachtsmarkt/

Have a great trip

Hi,
if you visit Claas how about a visit of the Krone Factory
https://www.krone-agriculture.com/en/products

you can also check this christmas market
https://waldweihnachtsmarkt.com
https://www.deutsche-weihnachtsmaerkte.de/weihnachtsmarkt/

Have a great trip
I doubt Krone will invite us. Their forage Harvester had big promises but has turned out to mostly be big problems. That corn head that is basically a giant chain saw is impressive but the rest fell drastically short of expectations. Both JD and Claas outperform Krone in output per HP and fuel efficiency by pretty wide margins.

And Krone just doesn't have the dealer/support network. When you spend almost $1m on a machine that HAS to work for very intense periods of time, you need the support to get it up and running or get a replacement in the field fast! Nobody beats JD in that area. But Claas is good too. At least in our areas of operations.

We presently own two JD but have had Claas in the past. And I suspect will again. Seem to need to replace them every 3 or 4 years. We hire one Krone so see what goes on there. And hire several Claas and a couple more JD, especially during corn silage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross