My Mini-Me

IMG_1786.JPG

He's to much of his own man to be a "mini-me", but he is my son. He is smaller than me if that qualifies as a "mini-me".

I enjoy the time we spend together hunting!(y)

Wheels you definitely looking in a mirror 30 odd years ago.....

My mini-me, aged 8 with his first animal, lucky he got his mothers personality and my looks, a few years later and his first trip to Mozambique, what a treat it was to fly in a KING AIR, had chance to sit up front with pilots.

P1010458.jpg
Simon Leach and Tristan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Witold, I am looking for photo from my daughters first animal, impala, she was also 8, had a bunch of international guests with, after she shot the impala, they asked "don't you feel bad killing an animal?" ....she had the wildest looked on her face and answered..."are you nuts, it's meat..." I felt so proud of my mini-me that day..

Thanks Witold, I am looking for photo from my daughters first animal, impala, she was also 8, had a bunch of international guests with, after she shot the impala, they asked "don't you feel bad killing an animal?" ....she had the wildest looked on her face and answered..."are you nuts, it's meat..." I felt so proud of my mini-me that day..
I like it. Congratulations for your daughter.
Witold

Here is my mini-me & me..... My best friend! He isn't a hunter (he is affected by autism), but he is one hell of an outdoorsman. He's like the kid from the Jungle Book.

me&sul.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome thread! Mini-me hunting companions, mini-me non-hunting companions, maxi-me hunting companions ... its cool that we belong to a community where we get to share more than just hunting and trophies!!!!

Awesome thread! Mini-me hunting companions, mini-me non-hunting companions, maxi-me hunting companions ... its cool that we belong to a community where we get to share more than just hunting and trophies!!!!
Amen brother, hunting is about so much more then simply collecting trophies. And it's great that we get to share it all.

Yessir hunting to me is family and companionship first and killing second!

HPIM0272.JPG
Thank God - the young man seems to have inherited just enough of his mother.
Ok, that may be where their looks and their big brown eyes came from but at least they have inherited my height.

@spiket , great pictures, hope to see you in Zambia next month .

Great pictures, I enjoyed looking through them!

I won't refer to my daughter as a Mini-Me in anything other than general terms because I think she's rather attractive and I'm big and ugly. But these are from the first Africa hunt I took her on. It was a plains game hunt on the Eastern Cape. She later hunted Zim with me and among other species she's whacked two leopards there.

Taking a sight picture with the Sako .270 she 'confiscated' from me.
1 photo.jpeg

Her Blesbok
2 photo.jpeg

Her Eastern Cape Kudu (SCI Silver)
3 photo.jpeg

It is great to see how some dads just did not give up on spreading there knowledge of hunting to there daughters. So many guys that I know think that daughters cant enjoy the outdoors like if they had a son. It is nice to see there are some of us out there passing the hunting lifestyle on to our kids. The world would be way better off if more parents did. Kids need to know there is more then tvs and cell phones to get enjoyment out of. Great job by all who posted on the thread.

@spiket , great pictures, hope to see you in Zambia next month .

thanks, just back from zambia and i am in jersey till july, so will not be able to meet up. if you do make it to takeri patsy and tinus will look after you .cheers mike

thanks, just back from zambia and i am in jersey till july, so will not be able to meet up. if you do make it to takeri patsy and tinus will look after you .cheers mike

thanks Mike , if time allows we will make it past takeri , cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross