AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD,CA) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
Does anyone else have a mini-me? Mine's been hunting with me since he was old enough to walk along, and yes I even had to carry him along once in a while. I love hunting with all of my kids, but this one and I have a special connection. It's like we're on the same page, at least most of the time. I couldn't imagine hunting without him anymore, it just wouldn't be right some how. And I have to tell you the best part is when he says that he is not going to be like me, because the more he says it the more he becomes just like me.
Here he is. Can you see any resemblance?
HPIM0163.JPG
Let's see some pictures of you guys and girls hunting with your kids.

Thank God - the young man seems to have inherited just enough of his mother.

Thank God - the young man seems to have inherited just enough of his mother.
Ha Ha, Yes fortunately he has, that's where his being left handed comes from.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My oldest boy Saxon with his MT whitetail last year and Him, Weston, my youngest with Saxon's Axis. I reward his straight A's throughout the school year with a hunt of his choice. Year before last he chose alligator in my avatar.
There is no greater reward in life than seeing the excitement in their eyes.
Good Hunting,
Cody

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else have a mini-me? Mine's been hunting with me since he was old enough to walk along, and yes I even had to carry him along once in a while. I love hunting with all of my kids, but this one and I have a special connection. It's like we're on the same page, at least most of the time. I couldn't imagine hunting without him anymore, it just wouldn't be right some how. And I have to tell you the best part is when he says that he is not going to be like me, because the more he says it the more he becomes just like me.
Here he is. Can you see any resemblance?View attachment 41696 Let's see some pictures of you guys and girls hunting with your kids.

well camo is different....but same trousers and same pose...beards are the same just one is on the grey side;) :E Big Grin:

Gimme a week and a half or so and I'll some Mini Me pics from Africa.....

A couple with my daughter. She has picked up many of my passions, hunting is not one of them, but she loves her old man and was an able assistant tracker on our recent safari.

DSC00676.JPG

She also was navigator, tour guide, and selfie photographer for our drive from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town.

DSC02046.JPG

here are some of finn over 3 or 4 years . he was going through the surfer stage with the long hair :E Big Grin: i suppose he has had a bit of an advantage .....but there have to be perks when you do something like this place ;)
zambia 2012, with finns reedbuck 041.JPG

cars, euro disn,finns lechwe, sable 281.JPG

cars, euro disn,finns lechwe, sable 292.JPG

P1000796.JPG

various, finns bushbuck 451.JPG

zambia 2012, with finns reedbuck 115.JPG

here is one of patsy with her son byron with his lechwe
zambia 2012, with finns reedbuck 096.JPG

Great thread. I like to think he is my mini me. He is one hell of a good kid and has been out hunting since he was 10 and I had a fishing pole in his hand since 2. He loves the outdoors and wants to learn as much as he can.

GEDC0008.JPG

This is my favorite picture of all. He is 11 years old with his first big game animal and what a elk it was. 286 yd muzzlerloader shot. Still had his babyface to.

GEDC0011.JPG

GEDC0846.JPG
GEDC1004.JPG

When I think I was the proudest of him at 15 taking a lioness that even charged him and getting all three shots off and hitting her. Meant a lot to have two big 5 PH's tell me he did what he was told and could not have done any better. Holding his ground not moving or running and getting the job done.

My daughter has hunted with me before she was old enough to get her own lic. We hunted Calif and Nevada. We hunted South Africa and she amazed the PH who said she was the best female hunter he ever had. She shot a high placing(I believe Gold #64) Red Hartebeest. She has taken Turkey, deer, wild hogs since she got married. She hunts with a rifle and a bow. We, her husband, Kelli and I, still hunt together.

The great thing is in about 3 weeks I will have a granddaughter I can help teach to shoot and hunt. I hope to hunt with her one day. I already have her 1st mini 22RF rifle, which is the one I taught her mother to shoot with. I bought her a regular sized 22RF rifle and had her mane, Peyton Rose, engraved into the receiver. Now I am looking for a tang safety Ruger rifle to build a custom 257Roberts just like the one I built for her mother.

My Mini-me

image.jpg

bill that baby face goes quick doesnt it?............:(

yes it does. But that day is in my mind forever. I can still see his leg start to shake when I told him he could take the shot if he wanted.

image.jpg

Oh yes he is my Mini-me! This young man can shoot almost as good as his dad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross