Muntjac Pictures

UKHunter

AH fanatic
Joined
May 28, 2013
Messages
962
Reaction score
1,841
Media
120
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Europe
5
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
I managed to shoot my biggest Muntjac buck to date last night. Im going to send him off to measured as I think he could be a medal buck. It was quick shot to take him as he was moving around in thick cover and was only presenting shots for a second at a time, so I had no idea how good he was until I walked up to him.

He was shot in an area of the estate that I have shot a lot of deer from and I had not seen him before. It just goes to show that you dont get like that by being stupid. He wasn't a particularly old deer and was in great condition.

IMG_1612.JPG


Here are some other big boys ive shot this season as a comparison.

IMG_1708.JPG


This is another nice buck and was a very old beast.

IMG_2256.JPG


Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Best wishes,

Tom
 
Tom, you know that's on my wish list big time!!!! Congrats.
 
I have to say they are my favorite of the UK deer species to stalk. They rarely leave cover making them hard to spot and then are always shifting around making taking a shot a challenge.
 
Congrats! Definitely on my list someday.
 
All look good to me, Muntjac are so cool. Congrats.
 
So they are about 10cm?
 
They are all great looking.

Congratulations.(y)
 
So they are about 10cm?

Yes, each antler is about 10cm in length and both have a 1 cm brow tine. A nice symmetrical head, so hopefully it makes the grade.
 
those little guys ,sure do look delicious.........
 
those little guys ,sure do look delicious.........

They not only look it, but taste it. The best venison I have eaten is a Muntjac.
 
Very late posting this but he is cleaned up and ready to be mounted on a shield. I took this pic before I stuck his canines back in so you can see the size of them and the damage they can cause fighting

IMG_2570.JPG
 
Very late posting this but he is cleaned up and ready to be mounted on a shield.

Very cool, thank you.

Here are some pictures of Muntjac from AH Photo Gallery.

watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dracula with cloven hoofs.

Congrats on your success. thanks for sharing.

This is another one of those species, like the Vallie was for me, that I had zero interest in until I started hearing about where they lived and how they are hunted.

One of these days.
 
They are not shy to use those teeth as one of our beaters dogs has found out two weeks in a row
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,602
Members
169,379
Latest member
HansRouse
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top