Stan-Elephant Trail

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi Buff-Buster,

Great story and great shots.

Ps. Please count me out from your "computer challenged". I am just trying my best to share my experiences.

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.mashambanzousafaris.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Buff-Buster all I can say is one hell of a shot! hope you had a steak for me.

Thanks Bob!....As a matter of fact I did! Well, I probably had a drink for you too later that night during the celebration. Come to think of it, I think I tried to have a drink for all AH members!...LMAO

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Buff-Buster,
Thanks for taking me along with your literary prowess. I could feel excitement of the chase and smell the engine as it sputtered.
Nice. Very nice.

Thanks Stretch!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Thanks for the super hunt report and great pictures! I really enjoyed it. The sable you took was REALLY nice....would have loved to have been on that hunt.

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Thanks for the super hunt report and great pictures! I really enjoyed it. The sable you took was REALLY nice....would have loved to have been on that hunt.

No problem Enysse! Glad you enjoyed it. I had almost as much fun writing the report as I had being there...lol

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Hi Buff-Buster,

Great story and great shots.

Ps. Please count me out from your "computer challenged". I am just trying my best to share my experiences.

Thanks Stan! I've been enjoying your elephant report too!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Must have been off hunting this fall when you wrote this up.

I was looking for a hunt report on Grants outfit after meeting him. I must have misspelled the company name as nothing came up.
I knew someone from AH had just been there as the website had the trophy pictures with the caps.
Theo pointed me at the report thankfully.

Thank you for the great report.

Just gets you thinking.

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
My pleasure Brickburn! If you have any questions about Grants operation, feel free to PM me or call. I'll be glad to help.

Wes Reagan - 281-744-HUNT

Upton O. Good

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.beingkarl.wordpress.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, United States, Louisiana
I've read a lot of great hunting reports here and enjoyed them tremendously. Some of them had some "hair raising" descriptions of close encounters, charges from DG and so forth. Your description of a boat loaded with hippo with a faulty engine hitting an eddy and taking water over the bow in croc and hippo laden water really got my heart racing. Man, these are stories for a hundred tellings around a fire.

Thanks for writing all of that out and posting the photos and videos. What an experience.

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
I've read a lot of great hunting reports here and enjoyed them tremendously. Some of them had some "hair raising" descriptions of close encounters, charges from DG and so forth. Your description of a boat loaded with hippo with a faulty engine hitting an eddy and taking water over the bow in croc and hippo laden water really got my heart racing. Man, these are stories for a hundred tellings around a fire.

Thanks for writing all of that out and posting the photos and videos. What an experience.

Thanks for the kind words......I could tell it a hundred times around a campfire and still be just as excited as the first time I told it!

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Just an update for everyone - Grant (Mashambanzou Safaris) just contacted me to let me know he will have a booth at the Dallas Show next year. Please stop by and say hi.

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
One more update:

Grant and Mashambanzou Safaris will be at booth #3855 at DSC. When you come through the main entrance to the hall, it's in the section to the right, close to the main food court. Please stop by and visit. I'll be there helping Grant and would love to meet other AH members.

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
2015 DSC Update;
Hey guys, I will be helping Joe Denby again at DSC representing Mashambanzou Safaris and Grant Taylor. If your at DSC please stop by and say Hi. Grant also has a new concession on the North bank of Cahora Bassa that has great leopard, hippo, croc, etc. Mashambanzou booth is #772 this year.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Great report. Loved it the first time I read it and was worth going over again. Nice pics and some great animals. So I just have to ask. How big was that sable? Beautiful trophy. Bruce

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Great report. Loved it the first time I read it and was worth going over again. Nice pics and some great animals. So I just have to ask. How big was that sable? Beautiful trophy. Bruce
Thanks Bruce! I'd go back in a heartbeat again!...........Are you going to come down to DSC this year?

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Thanks Bruce! I'd go back in a heartbeat again!...........Are you going to come down to DSC this year?
I forgot to answer your question!......The Sable measured 38" (Just means I need too save a place on the wall for that 45"er from Zambia some day! LOL)

fairgame

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Great report and some very serious trophies indeed. Not many shoot a 14 and a 1/2 foot croc. Well done.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Unfortunately I will not be at DSC. My wife purchased a trip to SCI for me so I will be in Vegas. Hoping to meet up with some of my friends from this forum there. Bruce

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Wes,

Somehow I've never read this.... great story, I really enjoyed it!

Looking forward to seeing you in Dallas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tn4lee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...