MOZAMBIQUE: My Hunt With Mashambanzou Safaris In 2012

Hi Buff-Buster,

Great story and great shots.

Ps. Please count me out from your "computer challenged". I am just trying my best to share my experiences.

Buff-Buster all I can say is one hell of a shot! hope you had a steak for me.

Thanks Bob!....As a matter of fact I did! Well, I probably had a drink for you too later that night during the celebration. Come to think of it, I think I tried to have a drink for all AH members!...LMAO

Buff-Buster,
Thanks for taking me along with your literary prowess. I could feel excitement of the chase and smell the engine as it sputtered.
Nice. Very nice.

Thanks Stretch!

Thanks for the super hunt report and great pictures! I really enjoyed it. The sable you took was REALLY nice....would have loved to have been on that hunt.

Thanks for the super hunt report and great pictures! I really enjoyed it. The sable you took was REALLY nice....would have loved to have been on that hunt.

No problem Enysse! Glad you enjoyed it. I had almost as much fun writing the report as I had being there...lol

Hi Buff-Buster,

Great story and great shots.

Ps. Please count me out from your "computer challenged". I am just trying my best to share my experiences.

Thanks Stan! I've been enjoying your elephant report too!

Must have been off hunting this fall when you wrote this up.

I was looking for a hunt report on Grants outfit after meeting him. I must have misspelled the company name as nothing came up.
I knew someone from AH had just been there as the website had the trophy pictures with the caps.
Theo pointed me at the report thankfully.

Thank you for the great report.

Just gets you thinking.

My pleasure Brickburn! If you have any questions about Grants operation, feel free to PM me or call. I'll be glad to help.

Wes Reagan - 281-744-HUNT

I've read a lot of great hunting reports here and enjoyed them tremendously. Some of them had some "hair raising" descriptions of close encounters, charges from DG and so forth. Your description of a boat loaded with hippo with a faulty engine hitting an eddy and taking water over the bow in croc and hippo laden water really got my heart racing. Man, these are stories for a hundred tellings around a fire.

Thanks for writing all of that out and posting the photos and videos. What an experience.

I've read a lot of great hunting reports here and enjoyed them tremendously. Some of them had some "hair raising" descriptions of close encounters, charges from DG and so forth. Your description of a boat loaded with hippo with a faulty engine hitting an eddy and taking water over the bow in croc and hippo laden water really got my heart racing. Man, these are stories for a hundred tellings around a fire.

Thanks for writing all of that out and posting the photos and videos. What an experience.

Thanks for the kind words......I could tell it a hundred times around a campfire and still be just as excited as the first time I told it!

Just an update for everyone - Grant (Mashambanzou Safaris) just contacted me to let me know he will have a booth at the Dallas Show next year. Please stop by and say hi.

One more update:

Grant and Mashambanzou Safaris will be at booth #3855 at DSC. When you come through the main entrance to the hall, it's in the section to the right, close to the main food court. Please stop by and visit. I'll be there helping Grant and would love to meet other AH members.

2015 DSC Update;
Hey guys, I will be helping Joe Denby again at DSC representing Mashambanzou Safaris and Grant Taylor. If your at DSC please stop by and say Hi. Grant also has a new concession on the North bank of Cahora Bassa that has great leopard, hippo, croc, etc. Mashambanzou booth is #772 this year.

Great report. Loved it the first time I read it and was worth going over again. Nice pics and some great animals. So I just have to ask. How big was that sable? Beautiful trophy. Bruce

Great report. Loved it the first time I read it and was worth going over again. Nice pics and some great animals. So I just have to ask. How big was that sable? Beautiful trophy. Bruce
Thanks Bruce! I'd go back in a heartbeat again!...........Are you going to come down to DSC this year?

Thanks Bruce! I'd go back in a heartbeat again!...........Are you going to come down to DSC this year?
I forgot to answer your question!......The Sable measured 38" (Just means I need too save a place on the wall for that 45"er from Zambia some day! LOL)

Great report and some very serious trophies indeed. Not many shoot a 14 and a 1/2 foot croc. Well done.

Unfortunately I will not be at DSC. My wife purchased a trip to SCI for me so I will be in Vegas. Hoping to meet up with some of my friends from this forum there. Bruce

Wes,

Somehow I've never read this.... great story, I really enjoyed it!

Looking forward to seeing you in Dallas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg