Most Expensive Hunts Worldwide

1. Black Rhino
2. Desert Big Horn
3. Tanzania Safari (21 day)
4. Elephant trophy greater than 50 pounds a side.
5. Many different sheep hunts in the 30 to 40 K range
6. Polar bear if legal would be higher on the list.
7. Walrus
8. With chopper flight hunting in New Zealand.
9. Tiger if legal would be higher on the list.
10. Large Cat hunts.
11.White Rhino. depending on where it falls is if is darted or the real deal
12. White tail on game farms can go very high.
13. Elk hunt for trophy 380 inches and above.

elk hunts for gov tags in Utah go for $60k depending on will and heather's mood when their bidding however the antelope Island muledeer tag was $360,000 last year. Now if we classify hunt costs there are 2 categories, low and high fence. A large maned high fence lion is about $30k. a free range large mane lion is extremely hard to find and the best are years of waiting or are auction tags which make the lion cost about $250,000. Your best chance at a 100lb ele are moz. The govt trophy fee is $100k and the outfitters fee is $125k. So all in your looking at $225k for a legit chance at a 100lb ele. A good shot at an ele over 70lbs will usually run you about $100k. a leopard will cost $12k to $15k and a large skulled leopard is about $30k. a mule deer is anywhere from $500 to $380,000. So what Im saying here is that the price is based on size and free range vs high fence.

1.)I would say that "generally" speaking a rhino is the most expensive(over $100k easily)
2.)next would be lord derby eland or bongo (over $60k)
3.)after that would be a true lion hunt (over $60k)
4.)next would be ele hunts (free range are usually at least $40k +++) hi fence ele hunts are not the same as free range so free range has to be the norm
5.)markhor free range
6.)brown bear $20k to $30k
7.)leopard average $20k to $30k
8.)marco polo $20k to $50k (Tajikistan brings the median price way down)
9.)desert or stone sheep $20 t0 $30k
10.)lots of options

One simply has to be aware that any animal can add a x100 multiplier when they start talking about trophy expectations. So what are your pre requisites when asking what is the most expensive???? In all honesty the most expensive would be mule deer over 250" free range and big horn sheep free range over 200". There are men that will pay well north of $500,000 for either of these so you really need to be more specific. the prices I gave above are for simple representative species with a decent chance at getting your animal. sure you can get an exportable ele for $25,000 but your chance at getting one aren't that great as compared to a legit hunt that runs north of $40,000. Just my experience.

........ free range and big horn sheep free range over 200". There are men that will pay well north of $500,000 ...............

Forgot about that Ministers tag here in Alberta for BHS.
It has sold for that much or close to it several times.
Nothing like going after a world record in a season when no one else can hunt.

Yep. The Alberta Minister tag has brought 1/4 million before and the Montana BHS tag went for 1/2 mil this year. CRAZY?!?!?

Forgot about that Ministers tag here in Alberta for BHS.
It has sold for that much or close to it several times.
Nothing like going after a world record in a season when no one else can hunt.

Wait so the minister's tag gives the hunter the ability to hunt during closed seasons? If this is true that's ridiculous so basically if you can pay, the government will let you do anything and the rules that apply to everyone else don't apply to you, so much for equality. Isn't this something banana republics do?

Wait so the minister's tag gives the hunter the ability to hunt during closed seasons? If this is true that's ridiculous so basically if you can pay, the government will let you do anything and the rules that apply to everyone else don't apply to you, so much for equality. Isn't this something banana republics do?

Of course its true.
"This permit is authorized to hunt the entire month of November and the first two weeks in December."
Not a closed season.
An extended season for a few tag holders.
Regular season closes October 31.

Yep that's hunting in Alberta... Great if you're a non-resident, but for the locals it's not great. If you are from out of province and have money it's better than being a resident.

Yep that's hunting in Alberta... Great if you're a non-resident, but for the locals it's not great. If you are from out of province and have money it's better than being a resident.

You can buy raffle tickets for the same type of tag. Only Residents get in on that draw.

Yes but we have RIDICULOUS wait times for some animals and if you're a non resident you can buy the tag... Not speaking of the handful of ministers tags. Native 'sustinence' hunting is another BS thing we have in Alberta...

When hunts start going for over 20 grand I start thinking how many plains game can I hunt in Namibia or RSA for that?

Some people think governor or minister tags are "truly" beneficial to conservation, because the avg. joe can't afford to put up that kind of money....which is true. But to me it's just pure BS. What it truly is in truth, is a system for the rich to buy public land wildlife.
I think there are better ways of running government, without the rich buy public land resources.

Ananja of Warthog Safaris mentioned they had a client that wanted to hunt a black rhino in SA next year(2015) and she said 1 of the two tags that were available each year cost 250k.

Ananja of Warthog Safaris mentioned they had a client that wanted to hunt a black rhino in SA next year(2015) and she said 1 of the two tags that were available each year cost 250k.

:Wideyed::Wideyed::Wideyed::Wideyed::Wideyed:

Mr A's trophies score higher than Mr. B's, Mr. C's and Mr. D's trophies do.

Reality is:
That's because Mr A has more money than those others do and therefore Mr. A can afford to spend a lot more time (AKA money) with the top guides of the world, searching for these genetic anomalies.

I hunt and fish because I am a hunter-gatherer, and I love it, no other reason.

As a result, I have never been shackled to the heavy ball and chain of meaningless data, that is the tape measure and trophy record book.

Such things are useless in my life.

I believe that if it is what the rich folks want to do, that's great but, when they rub it in the faces of us working class folk, it only makes us think they're trying to make up for some type of veiled inadequacy.

My greatest African trophy is that smell of the thorn bush and nitro powder smoke lingering forever in my memory.

What would free range markor or takin cost?

Altai Argali & Desert Bighorn, I think Mountain Nyala are up there as well. Bongo & Lord Derby hunts add up when you include all of the
fees

Mr A's trophies score higher than Mr. B's, Mr. C's and Mr. D's trophies do.

Reality is:
That's because Mr A has more money than those others do and therefore Mr. A can afford to spend a lot more time (AKA money) with the top guides of the world, searching for these genetic anomalies.

I hunt and fish because I am a hunter-gatherer, and I love it, no other reason.

As a result, I have never been shackled to the heavy ball and chain of meaningless data, that is the tape measure and trophy record book.

Such things are useless in my life.

I believe that if it is what the rich folks want to do, that's great but, when they rub it in the faces of us working class folk, it only makes us think they're trying to make up for some type of veiled inadequacy.

My greatest African trophy is that smell of the thorn bush and nitro powder smoke lingering forever in my memory.

Hi VeloDog,
I fully agree with what you are saying, although what surprised me with these governor tags was how the government in rich and developed countries would allow a select few rich to hunt when nobody else can this is unacceptable imo. Almost reminds me of how only the nobility could hunt in feudal Europe... Now if that person chooses to hire expensive guides and go throughout the world and rub it in people's face well they're compensating for something but I really don't care that's their problem. Another thing with these people is that they often want to just be shooters and shoot the trophy animal that they want and the whole experience of the hunt orhunting is often secondary.

On the flip side there are some true master hunters, many of whom hunt just to put food on the table, they see and occasionally harvest some real monsters and they're entirely uninterested in trophies they often even toss the trophy part i.e. the skull or antlers. These guys are the true masters of the trade spending most of their lives in and growing up in the bush. They also know the animals they hunt like the back of the hand.

The hunt you go on that is "the last straw" and causes your wife to divorce you. That would be an expensive hunt!
I think that very well could be the top hunt

Bongo would have to be up there I would think. My guess is that black rhino would be toward the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88ak

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,