More thoughts on 9.3x64

Discussion in 'Up To .375' started by bruce moulds, Nov 17, 2018.

1. bruce moulds

bruce moulds AH Fanatic

maybe having a 9.3x64 is a good excuse to also have a 41 or 42 cal rifle as well.
    the 9,3 x64 certainly gets under your skin more the more you use it.
    a fine cartridge.

Dr Ray likes this.

2. Vashper

Vashper AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Not only SVD. In Russia also produced a civilian version of SVD - "Tiger-9", and bolt rifle "Los' (Moose)-9". The combination of the Moose-9 and cartridges of Barnaul plant (17.5 g, steel brass) - the cheapest of all 9.3 mm in the world. by the Way, in addition to the German RWS, there is also some French company that makes a few rounds in this caliber, one of them with the Nosler Partition, in my opinion-282 gn

3. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa-,Gwayi- + Save River.Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
    The 9.3 x64 in Africa on DG would be allowed everywhere, I would have this too.
    An excellent cartridge, more modern than the .375
    It came onto the market in 1927 and the colonial world had long since been distributed there.
    That it was banned in the English colonies on DG had only political reasons.Even the German Shepherd Dog has been banned or rebaptized,so @Wheels here in AH.
    For Europe it is too strong (and too expensive).
    @ HWL -Your historical notes on the 9.3 are nonsense.
    Foxi

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Red Leg likes this.

4. Vashper

Vashper AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Well, yet for a large brown bear or wild boar ("cleaver") even in Europe it is better to have 9 mm than 7.62.
    Caliber prices are really beyond reason: RWS brasses cost about $ 2, and no one else makes them.
    This, of course, concerns me very little - these cartridges are available for us at 0.8-1.5 euros. True, not a very good bullet, a simple SP.

5. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa-,Gwayi- + Save River.Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
    IMG_5195.JPG
    shot with 9.3x64 in the thicket of CAR
    (Speaking of CAR
    A fatherly friend of mine (RIP Kurt) was in 1955 the first time in Africa, in CAR.
    On his license were 4 elephants and 20 ! buffalo.
    Those were still times........)

I once knew a rich good-for-nothing.
    Who stayed with his brother two,or three hunting seasons in Mozambique, when the Portuguese still had that to say.
    They shot the big game up and down with the 9.3x64 and were very happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2019

6. Vashper

Vashper AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Importantly, that 64 is placed in Mauser 98 without substantial engineering, and 375 - there is no.
    In the US, I think it makes sense to use these brasses, due to their smooth feeding, after rebarreling for .375 bullets.

7. HWL

HWL AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    RSA, Namibia, Germany, Austria, Norway
    Sorry for you, not to realize the joke...

:Facepalm:

HWL

8. Vashper

Vashper AH Senior Member

Video/Photo: