AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.

Even if you do not understand the language-no matter
Great honest hunting scenes.
The Swedes hunt 90% of the moose in community with the local villages and hunting parties on driven hunts.
They are all about the meat, the best reason to hunt.
Although I have many friends who have been to Sweden to hunt moose, I have never been on a trip.
The success rate is very low and the video gives a slightly different impression.
Besides, there is a lot going on in autumn at home.
But, everyone is raving about the camaraderie and the landscape.
Enjoy

Foxi

American hunters don't agree much with the shooting of Calves and Cows. In Newfoundland Canada it's legal to shoot a Cow but only if it has no calf with it. The thought is that the Calf will have no protection from predators like Coyotes. It's legal to shoot a Calf though as well as any size Bull. I shot a Cow for meat on my hunt there.

The number of moose killings is determined annually, depending on how the winter was, how the wolves struck and how the population develops.
The Swedish hunting companies have their own hunting grounds where only they are allowed to hunt, no one else.
There is no licensing system in Sweden like in the USA.

I hunted moose in Finland, had to be made honorary member of the local hunting club.

As Foxi said, not really much was hunted, but it was really a great experience. And yes, these guys hunt for meat and conservation. Nobody ever mentioned a trophy !

I hunted moose in Finland, had to be made honorary member of the local hunting club.

As Foxi said, not really much was hunted, but it was really a great experience. And yes, these guys hunt for meat and conservation. Nobody ever mentioned a trophy !
with any special company???

I have been on 3 driven Moose and Boar hunts in Estonia. The ethos is just the same as in Finland, all the hunts are local chaps and the whole community gets involved it is 99% meat and the rest trophy.
On our last 2 day hunt there we had 8 moose and 11 boar. Super organised and very affordable well worth the journey. I had a huge boar but so far no Moose but my pal has shot 2.
Markcz

Good video! Nice to see a hunt that is about the meat and not so much about trophies for a change. Nothing wrong with shooting calves, I prefer to take calves if I can. Calves offer the best meat there is, and calves are the "least important" members of the moose population, as long as there enough left to replace the annual mortality of the breeding stock .

Id love to hunt southern Sweden one day for those massive Roe bucks they get. :E Day Dreaming:

Apologies if this question is tacky, but I'm genuinely interested in hunting Alg in a Scandinavian country.

What's a Scandi wild moose hunt run, roughly?

That last bull scene was great, the neck shot was perfect. Nothing better than moose hunting, well any hunting, who am I kidding!

Here is perhaps the most seen and sold Moose hunt movie from Sweden .

Ara must reporter it so its age restricted and only allowed to see on YT

Sweden takes about 100,000 moose each year, plus 400,000 deer of different species. Not bad for 11,000,000 people in a country the size of Saskatchewan. Extremely well managed game populations and valued by most citizens.

Unfortunately not true anymore. I believe that we're now down to ~65,000 moose taken per year.

The last decade, the forestry corporations that own a lot of land have been quite aggressive with their moose quotas ("forcing" hunting clubs that lease the hunting rights to shoot more - otherwise they will terminate the leases and find other hunters who are willing to shoot more). The claim is that the wild game populations cause a lot of browsing damage to the young pine/spruce plantations, and that may be true to some extent. At the same time, they are rather efficient in clearing the land of other growth (in order to maximize the growth potential of the desired trees), not leaving birch, willow, etc that would naturally grow and supply food to game. To my mind this is rather sad to search for a maximized profit in this way, especially since the 'turn-around' time for a tree is about 100 years.

Last year (or the year before) it was suggested by some that the moose should be 'red-listed' - not necessarily because the numbers were dangerously low, but the rate of decline was alarming.

Unfortunately not true anymore. I believe that we're now down to ~65,000 moose taken per year.

The last decade, the forestry corporations that own a lot of land have been quite aggressive with their moose quotas ("forcing" hunting clubs that lease the hunting rights to shoot more - otherwise they will terminate the leases and find other hunters who are willing to shoot more). The claim is that the wild game populations cause a lot of browsing damage to the young pine/spruce plantations, and that may be true to some extent. At the same time, they are rather efficient in clearing the land of other growth (in order to maximize the growth potential of the desired trees), not leaving birch, willow, etc that would naturally grow and supply food to game. To my mind this is rather sad to search for a maximized profit in this way, especially since the 'turn-around' time for a tree is about 100 years.

Last year (or the year before) it was suggested by some that the moose should be 'red-listed' - not necessarily because the numbers were dangerously low, but the rate of decline was alarming.
Do you know any company that works in this área???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg