Monos vs Bonded

With my 7Rm I've taken black and blue wildebeest, zebra, waterbuck, gemsbok, hartebeest, nyala and several smaller species with a Barnes 160 gr TSX out of a Win 70. All were one shot broadside kills with the animal going no more than a few yards. No bullets were recovered but there was a double sized exit wound and plenty of internal damage.
 
@Art Lambart II
I to had the same with my Whelen and 225 accubonds even on a black wildebeest quatrtering at 180 yards. Complete pass thru with a golf ball size exit hole.
I would use Swifts Aframe if I could find them and afford them
Bob

Bob, the 35 Whelen with a 225 grain Accubond is a very hard combination to beat, It's accurate, deep penetrating, with good weight retention and its hits hard, what's not to like.
 
Bob, the 35 Whelen with a 225 grain Accubond is a very hard combination to beat, It's accurate, deep penetrating, with good weight retention and its hits hard, what's not to like.
Art
Give the 225 and 250 grain Woodleighs a go mate. They are also bonded.
225grain Woodleigh retrieved from my zebra after smashboth shoulders.
Bob
20200409_085629.jpg
.
 
La vieja teoría africana nunca falla: "puntas pesadas a baja velocidad".
En mi .338 utilizo consejos Hornady Interlock RN the 250 grains., recarga propia, con una velocidad de 2200 pies / seg ... perfora por completo un jabalí y un ternero que estaba dentro del maizal comiendo ...
 
Last edited:
I've had great luck with Accubonds in 30 caliber and 338 so Im surprised that your friend is not getting penetration....but the simple reply to that is the 175 gr. bullet accubond or partition will give more than ample penetration on any animal from the big 7 as its designed for that very reason..For him to know he or you were not getting ample penetration you had to kill the animal??? so bullet failure is not in question is it??

GS customs is only temporarly out of business..probably for 3 to 6 months..
 
I shoot trophy bonded tips a lot and triple shocks too. Definitely more penetration with the triple shocks but I think my 30.06 is too slow to make them open up. So the trophy bonded tips seem to cause more tissue damage. I have recovered a few trophy bonded tips but never a triple shock. Just my two cents. For the record I usually shoot whitetail deer , wild boar and black bear with them.
 
Bob, the 35 Whelen with a 225 grain Accubond is a very hard combination to beat, It's accurate, deep penetrating, with good weight retention and its hits hard, what's not to like.
@Art Lambart II
A 225 gr accubond recovered from my kudu after penetrating over 5 foot from front to rear ham. Impact velocity was about 2,700fps from my Whelen at 120 odd yards. He ran 20 yards and nose dived
20200123_133438.jpg
The only accubond recovered .
 
GS Customs is temporarly shut down...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,289
Members
169,519
Latest member
jhbrown9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top