Mixology report, whats your favorite mixed drink?

@Opposite Pole
Mate out here we have one that makes the submarine look like a row boat.
THE DEPTH CHARGE
15oz glass 3/4 full of beer
Shot glass full of OP Bundy Rum
Drop shot glass in beer so it sinks to the bottom and drink all in one go.
This is how most end end up 1,2,3, floor Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Bob
Haven't heard that drink mentioned in decades....used to do same but with vodka....definitely livened you up... :E Rofl:

Haven't heard that drink mentioned in decades....used to do same but with vodka....definitely livened you up... :E Rofl:
@spike.t
To many flattened you real quick to. Problem is the brain feels fine but the legs won't work.
Bob

nah, too weak. Good for cleaning yer teeth in.

I sure don’t mind a drink or two or few too many, but there is something about the beer/vodka combo that just knocks me out senseless.

My countryman in both my countries are not grog shy, and when it comes to drinking, I can hold my own, but I stay well clear of that combo.

Now that it’s getting hot here, I’ve been drinking this:

In a Collins glass with ice, add 1.5 oz gin (or vodka), 0.5 oz Marischino liqueur, 4 oz grapefruit juice, and top with tonic water.

Red wine + Coca Cola = Bambus. (Or black bambus) 50% volume, each.
I rarely mix various drinks, but sometimes i drink this, during the summer. Few rocks of ice, and even a piece of lemon may be added. The only mixture, I ever use. And even this, very rare

Similarly, some drink white bambus.
White whine + fanta.

@spike.t
To many flattened you real quick to. Problem is the brain feels fine but the legs won't work.
Bob

Nah...not an ozzie so legs worked fine and just kept on partying and drinking....we were very hard core back.then in 80s and 90s....out in the clubs nearly every night of the week....so our tolerance level.was pretty high....

@spike.t
Vodka needs to be served direct from the freezer in an ice cold glass poured over ice cubes.
Bob

Nope ...if you want to do it correctly no ice...just shot of frozen vodka in one...I know as had an Iranian friend back in the wild party days of as I said 80s and 90s...he lived in London and i used to fly over a lot for weekends to party...he could drink frozen vodka shots all night...I gave up after they started bouncing back from my stomach to my throat..and decided time to move on to more normal alcoholic beverages like champagne....but give him beer or another spirit he wasnt used to....total fkup ....how I learned to get my own back....

10 year Old Charter. Just drink it out of the bottle. I usually stay away from hard liquor. Margaritas are good to many will give me acid reflux.

10 year Old Charter. Just drink it out of the bottle. I usually stay away from hard liquor. Margaritas are good to many will give me acid reflux.
Omeprazole tabs will fix that. Drink up. I am at this very moment looking at a 1943 vintage red wine and wondering ...... but it belongs to someone else and I would be deader than a poly's promise if I touched it ... sigh. Back to the rum and Pepsi (I don't like the way Coke supports loss of speech freedom - another company gone to the dark side)

Omeprazole tabs will fix that. Drink up. I am at this very moment looking at a 1943 vintage red wine and wondering ...... but it belongs to someone else and I would be deader than a poly's promise if I touched it ... sigh. Back to the rum and Pepsi (I don't like the way Coke supports loss of speech freedom - another company gone to the dark side)
@Cervus elaphas
About the only use I've found for coke is cleaning bugs off a windscreen
Bob

Over a few ice cubes!

noahs-mill-bourbon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big fan of tiki and make a wide variety of different drinks. Some of them are quite complex, with multiple juices, syrups, and rums. For something simple, quick, and easy I favor the Dark and Stormy:

Juice of one large lime
Six dashes bitters
Four ounces Coruba Dark Jamaican rum
One bottle of Belfast Ginger Beer
Stir it all together in a shaker and serve over ice.

You can sub different rums as long as they're punchy/funky, but the Belfast is a must. It's got the perfect amount of ginger bite without being too hot or too sweet.

Ingredients.jpg
Drink.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly neat or with some ice or a splash of water. But if it it has to be mixed mostly a gin-tonic or a gin-sour, whisky-coke. That said there is not much I would not drink :LOL:

It is called a Kopstoot in Dutch, a headbutt. Only the vodka is traded for genever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.