Mild large bore

2L8

AH veteran
Reaction score
Not incouraging anyone to violate the minimum caliber (if one exist) when it comes to to size but a 6.5x55 in the correct location with a suitable bullet beats a .500 NE in the wrong location any day of the week.

Also Big Bore would depend on whether you define it as starting at .400 or .450.

1dirthawker

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
jp,

i would ask what you consider a "large bore" we in america tend to go on the light side of large. here a 375 is a "cannon!" in africa, i believe it is considered a medium.

so, the 450-400 is pretty mild. the 416's or 404 jeff can be loaded down to whatever you consider a reasonable price to pay in recoil. above that level, you are out of the "MILD" category

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuong

Latest profile posts

Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
Doc attached.
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there
KKovar wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Wow, great response regarding the title of a thread and an amazing site.
Jerycmeach wrote on Bullet Safaris's profile.
I am interested in hearing about your wild lion hunts.
Daniel Cary wrote on Thomas Rutledge's profile.
Greetings Mr. Rutledge. My apologies for the latent reply, cell/email prohibited during working hours, apx 72 a week, yikes! I just wanted to thank you for keeping me in mind for possible 577 loads. I actually purchased a few rounds, however, the firearm is still on the fence at this point.
Many Thanks, again. Regards, Dan.