Mild large bore

Not incouraging anyone to violate the minimum caliber (if one exist) when it comes to to size but a 6.5x55 in the correct location with a suitable bullet beats a .500 NE in the wrong location any day of the week.

Also Big Bore would depend on whether you define it as starting at .400 or .450.
 
jp,

i would ask what you consider a "large bore" we in america tend to go on the light side of large. here a 375 is a "cannon!" in africa, i believe it is considered a medium.

so, the 450-400 is pretty mild. the 416's or 404 jeff can be loaded down to whatever you consider a reasonable price to pay in recoil. above that level, you are out of the "MILD" category
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,351
Messages
1,573,751
Members
169,846
Latest member
caldoravirexon
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top