Mild large bore

2L8

AH veteran
Reaction score
Not incouraging anyone to violate the minimum caliber (if one exist) when it comes to to size but a 6.5x55 in the correct location with a suitable bullet beats a .500 NE in the wrong location any day of the week.

Also Big Bore would depend on whether you define it as starting at .400 or .450.

1dirthawker

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
jp,

i would ask what you consider a "large bore" we in america tend to go on the light side of large. here a 375 is a "cannon!" in africa, i believe it is considered a medium.

so, the 450-400 is pretty mild. the 416's or 404 jeff can be loaded down to whatever you consider a reasonable price to pay in recoil. above that level, you are out of the "MILD" category

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MIRBeau098

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh