MEXICO: Has Anyone Hunted With El Mito Ranch?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports Mexico, Central & South America' started by JoeA, May 3, 2018.

1. JoeA

JoeA New Member

Member of:
    NWTF, DU, SCI
    Hunted:
    US, Canada
    Have any of you folks hunted at El Mito? I saw them featured on a TV show recently. Aoudad and Fallow deer are 2 species I'm interested in, and they have them. They also offer a few African plains game species. Just looking for some feedback from others, who've been there.

CAustin likes this.

2. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    @gizmo in west Texas can help you with some lf this I think.

gizmo likes this.

3. Doug375

Doug375 AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    U.S., Namibia, Zambia
    I saw the same show and also found it interesting. If you want an Aoudad, I have a better and almost certainly less expensive option. I hunted Aoudad in West Texas in the Sierra Vieja mountains. The beauty of the mountains there is breathtaking. The hunting is 100 percent free range and fair chase. I heartily recommend it. There are a number of ranches in the area that offer guided hunts. The outfitter I hunted with is Hidden Creek Outfitters. They're out of Wyoming, but do Aoudad hunts in the winter down there.

jeff likes this.

4. gizmo

gizmo AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2015 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
    Hunted:
    Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
    Don’t need to go to Mexico for that. I have them right here in Texas. :)

5. JoeA

JoeA New Member

Member of:
    NWTF, DU, SCI
    Hunted:
    US, Canada
    Doug & Rockin G...Thanks for the info!

6. flatwater bill

flatwater bill AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA endowment member/Life member
    Hunted:
    NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
    Joe..................I too looked at aoudad hunting in old Mexico...........until I heard a few horror stories. Decided to hunt with Gizmo............no regrets at all. Here's my ram.......Flatwater Bill Aoudad Numero Uno.jpg ..FWB