Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, SCI Alaska
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas)
Wishing everyone a safe Memorial Day. 'Happy' is not the word, IMHO, but thankful certainly is.

I believe most folks on this site have a deeper appreciation than a lot of people elsewhere, or so I choose to think. I have never served in the military, but I am damned grateful for the life I have been able to live, and understand it was not or is not free. To those who have lost family or friends, there is one bearded curmudgeon in Alaska who is grateful for their sacrifice. Thank you.

Again... be safe and love up on your loved ones.

Well said @Tundra Tiger
Thank you to all that have sacrificed and served. I'm damned grateful as well.
"Freedom is not free. I paid for it,"from a 30+ year veteran. Remember all who wore a uniform. They (we) gave us what we have.

1716792335074.png

While our country certainly isn't perfect, I wouldn't choose anywhere else to live. We take many things for granted.

Be an active member of society and work toward making something better......it's the best way to honor those that allow us the freedoms that we enjoy each day.

Too many have left us far too early.

Wishing everyone a safe Memorial Day. 'Happy' is not the word, IMHO, but thankful certainly is.

I believe most folks on this site have a deeper appreciation than a lot of people elsewhere, or so I choose to think. I have never served in the military, but I am damned grateful for the life I have been able to live, and understand it was not or is not free. To those who have lost family or friends, there is one bearded curmudgeon in Alaska who is grateful for their sacrifice. Thank you.

Again... be safe and love up on your loved ones.

Well said sir!
Thank you to all that have sacrificed so we all may live in peace and freedom

God bless America, our veterans, and those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Proudly served - US Army & Army Reserves 1990 - 1998. TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

IMG_0225.jpeg

My heart goes out to all the families who had a fallen hero! May they rest in peace knowing they saved the rest of us.

View attachment 608723
My heart goes out to all the families who had a fallen hero! May they rest in peace knowing they saved the rest of us.

You and me both @Newboomer .

I read that, and the history behind it, every year on my radio program, ahead of Memorial Day. And every year I choke up when I do. (it's a recorded show)

Thank you for sharing it here @Ridgewalker .

Last edited:
To fallen comrades! Always remember!

Memorial Day causes me to think of those I knew who now occupy the empty chair at the table. It is good to remember them but when I do, I know why the World War II guys never spoke about their time at war. The same goes for the Korean and Vietnam conflict veterans. A couple WWII veterans advised me before I left for Desert Storm, “Keep your head down”. That’s all they would say.

Here are a couple of films that may make you tear up on this day:

The Eleventh Order

Taking Chance
5-Minute Memorial Day Salute:
Full Movie:
Amazon Prime: https://www.amazon.com/Taking-Chanc...&sprefix=taking+chan,instant-video,148&sr=1-1

Absent comrades.

"Least We Never Forget, Those that Gave All!"

Memorial Day is the time we most remember and miss our fallen family members, friends, and comrades that never made it back home alive.

Upon our return home from an assignment we made this toast, regardless whether we came back heathy, any of us returned home wounded, or in a bag:

Although their glass remains full, we who drink, drink to those now absent. To all whom have now gone before us.

CHEERS.

POPPE, U.S.ARMY 1976 - 2002

Last edited:
Thank you TT for your post. I had not seen this post and I’m a bit late.

Thank you to all my brothers & sisters.

1717417816310.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randyarthur

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life